IDS Caught Massaging Unemployment Figures & Benefit Sanctions

This is what gets me...

The Government claims that sanctioned claimants who leave the benefit system are going into work – showing their tough regime works. But the Oxford study suggests this is untrue in a “majority” of cases.

So let's have the figures on how many of those sanctioned, immediately return after their sanctioned period is over!

Does it matter? If the people this relates to are no longer costing the taxpayer money all well and good. What's the problem?

Does it matter? If the people this relates to are no longer costing the taxpayer money all well and good. What's the problem?

But that's just it, the figures are untrue and the monthly unemployment figures the government announces are incorrect and used for political gain to give the impression unemployment is coming down.

Bit like the government telling us we are now all better off, despite not getting a pay rise since 2008! :roll:

But didn't we all suspect this. :roll:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ids-government-under-fire-massaging-4575637

“Sanctions are being applied unfairly to job-seekers, as well as the sick and disabled,” Ms Abrahams said.

“The reason the Government is doing this is that it gets them off the JSA claimant figures, so it looks like there are fewer people unemployed.”

The Government claims that sanctioned claimants who leave the benefit system are going into work – showing their tough regime works. But the Oxford study suggests this is untrue in a “majority” of cases.

“The reason the Government is doing this is that it gets them off the JSA claimant figures, so it looks like there are fewer people unemployed.”

That's what an Oxford education brings you, amazing insight there! truth is the majority of benefits claimants are in work. It's work which doesn't pay and rising living costs which are the problem not JSA claimants and disabled.

I wonder how many of these people were doing fiddle jobs and just decided that claiming JSA was no longer worth the effort.

Yes of course it matters. Unless you think it's alright for politicians to lie to the electorate for their own ends, (and just because they all do it, doesn't make it right....)

Neither side actually know where these people have gone, no-ones followed these people up so it's all conjecture for now.

The government assumes they've got work, the other side assumes what - they're walking the street and sleeping in doorways??

Hopefully a proper inquiry will follow-up a load of people and figure out what they are doing.

Oh great, why not just shoot anyone who loses their job then; I'm pretty sure you'd be up for that ... until it's your time in front of the wall. The way you're going off, that time is getting closer

---------- Post added 10-11-2014 at 17:14 ----------

The scenario is nothing new. Atos quit because of the pressure they were put under and the threats they received. Jobcentre staff have a history of being bullied by this government to sanction benefits because it removes them from the register. There are numerous threads about the whole episode on these boards

My personnel experience is that the works program that I am on, had fourteen people starting the two months course, then one by one five of them left for various reasons. I have seen two of them since they left and I found out that they both received sanctions for leaving. One for four weeks and one for three months. One of them a sixty four year old woman who had a disabled son found the sanctions imposed impossible to comprehend. she survived by family digging deep and keeping them both fed and warm. the DWP didn't give a stuff.

I suspect the younger ones have used other means to survive, No wonder the crime rate is creeping up:(

My personnel experience is that the works program that I am on, had fourteen people starting the two months course, then one by one five of them left for various reasons. I have seen two of them since they left and I found out that they both received sanctions for leaving. One for four weeks and one for three months. One of them a sixty four year old woman who had a disabled son found the sanctions imposed impossible to comprehend. she survived by family digging deep and keeping them both fed and warm. the DWP didn't give a stuff.

I suspect the younger ones have used other means to survive, No wonder the crime rate is creeping up:(

That's truly disgusting.

But no doubt someone on here will try to justify it....