IDS Caught Massaging Unemployment Figures & Benefit Sanctions

Oh great, why not just shoot anyone who loses their job then; I'm pretty sure you'd be up for that ... until it's your time in front of the wall. The way you're going off, that time is getting closer

---------- Post added 10-11-2014 at 17:14 ----------

The scenario is nothing new. Atos quit because of the pressure they were put under and the threats they received. Jobcentre staff have a history of being bullied by this government to sanction benefits because it removes them from the register. There are numerous threads about the whole episode on these boards

A replacement has been found for ATOS: http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2014/10/29/maximus-are-the-new-atos-destroy-maximus/

Neither side actually know where these people have gone, no-ones followed these people up so it's all conjecture for now.

The government assumes they've got work, the other side assumes what - they're walking the street and sleeping in doorways??

Hopefully a proper inquiry will follow-up a load of people and figure out what they are doing.

That's one of the saddest aspects to this, the people are 'persona non grata' to Governments, they couldn't give a toss. And that's my experience of unemployment, that Government don't give a toss. It affected my self esteem.

I remember taking a wheelchair user to the job centre on West Street, and we were in the queue waiting for the doors to open, the looks from people walking past, on the bus, and people in cars at the queue....I'll not forget that in a hurry.

O'k. Not wanting you to take offence Anna, but why would anyone pack the course,or whatever,in, knowing that there is a very high percentage chance that they will get sanctioned?

If you have a disabled son to look after, or anyone else in need of you for that matter, then it's understandable surely.

There's no one else to take care of them. Believe me, I know.

If you have a disabled son to look after, or anyone else in need of you for that matter, then it's understandable surely.

There's no one else to take care of them. Believe me, I know.

I'm sure it's a hard job, but surely either her son gets disability benefits or she gets them for him, and if it takes up all her time, she gets carers benefits along with housing benefits, so why seek jsa.

I'm sure it's a hard job, but surely either her son gets disability benefits or she gets them for him, and if it takes up all her time, she gets carers benefits along with housing benefits, so why seek jsa.

I don't know if many people realise this, but if she gets carers benefits, the money is stopped directly out of her son's benefits.

You have to be very careful in this situation, it's complicated, and you could end up worse off. And it's not much to start with.