Firm to employ Hungarians to make sandwiches

Yes, but they're not prepared for work for 50p an hour, unlike these Eastern Europeans.

Can you blame them?

---------- Post added 10-11-2014 at 23:37 ----------

One of my suppliers (potato) had to "import" 60 polish people to work for the month when the new crop of potatoes needed harvesting and sorting. They put them up in a big warehouse! They hired some portaloos and bathrooms for them. I remember when I left school we went to work in the fields potato picking and the other veg. It was all cash in hand but I can't remember how much we earned. It was hard mucky work but we had a laugh. Did anyone else do this or was it just what we did in our village?

I used to do this at a farm in Marsh Lane. It was hard work, but we'll paid for a 14 year old. Paid for my beer and fags for the week :hihi:

TROUBLE IS THE LAZY LAYABOUTS HERE WONT GET OUT OF BED FOR ANYTHING NO WORK ETHIC! the sooner benefits are stopped being paid in cash and turned into vouchers the better thats the only way to stop it!!

I suspect they'd rather just pick pocket or shoplift or perhaps just beg.

I suspect they'd rather just pick pocket or shoplift or perhaps just beg.

i am sure some would! so the penalties should be even more severe. if the welfare state took a harder line and issued vouchers and also made people do some work for the benefits we would see a dramatic drop in claimants and immigrants who see the uk as an easy target.

---------- Post added 11-11-2014 at 08:41 ----------

The economy isn't fine. We're heading for another great depression!

doom doom!! we are all doomed:roll: we are heading for something unless we close the borders!

A family member of mine works on a sandwich making line, he doesn't like the job as its boring and tedious - but then again loads of people dislike their jobs.

What he does like is £500 a week for very little effort,no stress,no planning and no cares about the job.

I've met a few of his work mates and although they realise its a dead end job it's better than unemployment and not one of them is a migrant worker.

But they have also agreed with it. :suspect:

Allyson Russell, Greencore’s human resources director, said: “In Northampton, we do have a problem in that there is very low unemployment. There aren’t enough people around and it is not always the kind of work people have wanted to do.” Russell told BBC Northampton that Greencore recruiters flew to Hungary to begin an eastern European hiring drive.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/nov/10/sandwich-firm-fill-vacancies-factory-east-european-workers

It might have been an idea to build the new facility in an high unemployment area.

TROUBLE IS THE LAZY LAYABOUTS HERE WONT GET OUT OF BED FOR ANYTHING NO WORK ETHIC! the sooner benefits are stopped being paid in cash and turned into vouchers the better thats the only way to stop it!!

I left school in 1968 and now have been unemployed for the first time in my life since February this year despite applying for half a dozen jobs every day i know at almost 62 the only work i will find is voluntary. Does this make me lazy a layabout someone with no work ethic or all three

Does anyone else find is bizarre/disturbing that we are having to recruit people from Hungary to fill vacancies in a sandwich making factory.

Surely out of the 2 million unemployed in this country we have people at the relevant skill levels for these vacancies.

I despair sometimes at the mess we've got into.

Well I'm glad you now see the downside to unfettered open door mass immigration, looks like UKIP has a new recruit.