Firm to employ Hungarians to make sandwiches

I left school in 1968 and now have been unemployed for the first time in my life since February this year despite applying for half a dozen jobs every day i know at almost 62 the only work i will find is voluntary. Does this make me lazy a layabout someone with no work ethic or all three

No it doesnt and i should have worded it better, i was referring to the younger members of our society and the ones that come here to leech off our benefits, if you as i have, worked since 1968 you are more than entitled! in fact more so than many others. hope you get sorted:)

The economy isn't fine. We're heading for another great depression!

Evidence please.

Also if everyone stopped being so dammed lazy and made there own sandwiches we wouldn't need the factories making sandwiches therefore stopping the blasted immigrants coming here in the first place. So everyone go and make your own sandwiches right now.

Edited by TimmyR

But they have also agreed with it. :suspect:

Allyson Russell, Greencore’s human resources director, said: “In Northampton, we do have a problem in that there is very low unemployment. There aren’t enough people around and it is not always the kind of work people have wanted to do.” Russell told BBC Northampton that Greencore recruiters flew to Hungary to begin an eastern European hiring drive.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/nov/10/sandwich-firm-fill-vacancies-factory-east-european-workers

It might have been an idea to build the new facility in an high unemployment area.

Greencore have a facility at Kiveton Park. I'd imagine most of those employees are from the UK, being in an area of high unemployment.

This is from their UK blurb about where the prepared meals are made: The business operates out of five facilities, based at Bristol, Consett, Kiveton, Warrington, and Wisbech. The have other units making different products, so it would appear that they are fairly widely spread across the UK.

http://www.greencore.com/content.asp?topic=convenience_foods_uk&page=185

Greencore have a facility at Kiveton Park. I'd imagine most of those employees are from the UK, being in an area of high unemployment.

This is from their UK blurb about where the prepared meals are made: The business operates out of five facilities, based at Bristol, Consett, Kiveton, Warrington, and Wisbech. The have other units making different products, so it would appear that they are fairly widely spread across the UK.

http://www.greencore.com/content.asp?topic=convenience_foods_uk&page=185

Drive past kiveton at the end of a shift and guess again!!!

It's not exclusively immigrants but there's a fair few.

THe economy is fine. Unemployment isn't that high - lowest since 2008.

But the amount of people getting benefit and amount has gone sky high.

I know loads of people working 24hours on minimum wage and claim housing benefit and tax crdeit etc etc

Since they are doing 24hours . it is consider to be full time,so job center will not push them into looking for money , it looks great on the book but each family is costing taxpayer £15-25k a year on benefit while contribute nothing into system

Go on,I'll bite,how do you know they're immigrants just be looking?

Well I'm from that locale so I listen to them talk - which I know is cheating. But I suppose they could all be foreign language students just practicing, I didn't check IDs. And the Eastern Europeans smoke more generally ;)

But feel free to stand at the bus stop outside greencore and draw your own conclusions.

Well I'm from that locale so I listen to them talk - which I know is cheating. But I suppose they could all be foreign language students just practicing, I didn't check IDs. And the Eastern Europeans smoke more generally ;)

But feel free to stand at the bus stop outside greencore and draw your own conclusions.

I know the place well..used to be one of my customers when it was Sutherlands..I still drive past it most days..