Ebay ban the selling of memorial ceramic poppies: Right? Wrong?

yep, i think its safe to say its inevitable with things like these, quite honestly i think ebay has done the right thing.

Wouldn't it just make it worse? I mean being much harder to get hold of one, will artificially increase their value?

yes you may well be right Pete but it looks like ebay wants no part of it, as said earlier there will be alot of forgeries around including, the authenticity paper, the box they will look very real,i think ebay may well be covering themselves.

yes you may well be right Pete but it looks like ebay wants no part of it, as said earlier there will be alot of forgeries around including, the authenticity paper, the box they will look very real,i think ebay may well be covering themselves.

That's probably the most likely reason...Or am I cynical? :)

i think at one time on ebay they would have sold anything and not bothered, but now if some body gets a fake or not as described they [ebay or paypal] have to refund.

I wonder why they're so lax on Gumtree then (if as L00b said they're owned by Ebay)?....Although thinking about it. Gumtree doesn't get involved in the transaction like Ebay does, or charge fees (AFAIA)...

I wonder why they're so lax on Gumtree then (if as L00b said they're owned by Ebay)?....Although thinking about it. Gumtree doesn't get involved in the transaction like Ebay does, or charge fees (AFAIA)...

my bold

I would say thats the reason

It's a scummy thing to do, IMO. You're basically taking advantage of someone who cares enough about the appeal to pay over the odds for one of the moat poppies and then pocketing that money for yourself when it could be going to the Legion.

:thumbsup:

The amount of "fake" clothing and other goods already for sale on eBay would suggest otherwise.