How would you alert another motorist that there was something wrong?

It's illegal to use a phone while driving! :(

Not if you have an hands free device or you need to call 999 or 112 in an emergency and it’s unsafe or impractical to stop or you are safely parked.

---------- Post added 12-11-2014 at 10:19 ----------

I'd be interested to hear from any women out there. What would your reaction be, with someone flashing their lights, tooting their horn and shouting at you through an adjacent car window?

My perception would be that it 'could' seriously freak a woman. Or at least 'some' women.

Better to be freaked out then to cause an accident that may injure you or someone else.

No im not. The reason i ask is you seem to be afraid of them lol

How bizarre?....Why on earth would I be afraid of them?....I do however have empathy for how they might feel in a situation like that. Or would it not bother you that they might feel threatened?

I've had other truck drivers pull in front of me then put their hazard lights on to tell me something is wrong with my truck so I then pull over to check.

I'm assuming you're a truck driver. Is there a sort of unwritten protocol for such instances in the truck driving community? A bit like when a truck overtakes you and you flash your headlights to tell them they have cleared the length of their vehicle and it's safe to pull back into the lane.

I'm assuming you're a truck driver. Is there a sort of unwritten protocol for such instances in the truck driving community? A bit like when a truck overtakes you and you flash your headlights to tell them they have cleared the length of their vehicle and it's safe to pull back into the lane.

Not really a protocol just good old courtesy as in rain etc it's hard to judge when your clear of vehicle you've just over taken without holding others up especially on duel carriage ways