How would you alert another motorist that there was something wrong?

As a woman as long as you were pointing to said tyre or any other problem and it was daylight I would be fine with it . Different matter if on a quite country road ! :)

Two cases of assumption I believe.

Ah...thank you. I was wondering when we'd get a woman's perspective

I don't and wouldn't bother, it is poor driving practice to be unaware of the condition of your car.

Okay leaving the filler cap on the roof or keys in the boot,or catching fire isn't such a matter and a course of flashing would be my only course of action, although that is not condoned in the Highway Code. Perhaps beep the horn as they do legitimately represent a danger in those situations.

I don't and wouldn't bother, it is poor driving practice to be unaware of the condition of your car.

Okay leaving the filler cap on the roof or keys in the boot,or catching fire isn't such a matter and a course of flashing would be my only course of action, although that is not condoned in the Highway Code. Perhaps beep the horn as they do legitimately represent a danger in those situations.

You really wouldn't bother?...Even if you were able to easily?.....Do you check your rear lights are working and every other light and your tyre pressures every time you get in your car and drive? I don't know anyone that does, and if they say they do I would suspect them of telling porkies.

(I do of course refer to my original post)

In the other incident, late last week, it was dark (driving home from work) and I noticed a car with no rear lights on at all. The headlights were working, but not the rear ones.

Would that be the new "safer" daytime running lamps?

Numerous studies done since the 1970s have tended to conclude that daytime running lights improve safety. Now they are compulsory. Numerous studies have failed to take account of the fact that people are more likely to drive around without switching on their low beam headlights.

Would that be the new "safer" daytime running lamps?

Numerous studies done since the 1970s have tended to conclude that daytime running lights improve safety. Now they are compulsory. Numerous studies have failed to take account of the fact that people are more likely to drive around without switching on their low beam headlights.

Well...I couldn't be certain, but I did overtake the lady in question and noticed that her dashboard was lit up as I would expect and her headlights seemed to be on properly on low beam. So I assume that would mean something was amiss in regard to rear light circuitry.

I've had that problem before on one of the cars I owned, where I had no rear lights at all....I noticed it when reversing towards a wall or something. Nobody alerted me. Lord knows how long they had been like it, I have no idea.