How would you alert another motorist that there was something wrong?

That thread has nothing about "auto" lights that are always on.

I just posted the link to show that I'm not the only one dreaming this up as an issue.

The Vauxhall with the pointless "auto" lights is in our fleet. It's obviously a car where they used to work, but they've just wired the headlights to be permanently on since 2011 to comply with regs.

Chances are the driver wouldn't notice, or would ignore you anyway.

A while ago I saw some silly bint driving down the motorway with a flat tyres so bad it was smoking.

I flashed, sounded the horn and drove along side pointing.

She looked at me like I was from outer space and drove on :mad::mad:

I wouldn't start jumping out of the car in traffic, you might get knocked over or something if it all started moving suddenly.

They wernt a silly bint!

At speed its likely you wouldnt notice a flat tyre in a straight line,it would become apparent when the speed drops,or going off straight.

The air lifts the car masking the flat tyre.

I saw one car in front of me had one brake light out of three working so every time they put the brakes on I flashed them. When I finally got their attention at the side of them at traffic lights he said "I know".

Some people have fm transmitters on their phones so they can listen to music on their car stereo, a similar system could be made to communicate with other drivers like RDS and traffic news break-ins.

Technically transmitting on FM without a license is illegal, even for those short range things you can use to listen to your music... I think transmitting strongly enough to reach another car and using the Traffic RDS code to interrupt would be viewed badly by the authorities.

And they might well not be listening to the radio or have traffic interrupt enabled.

They wernt a silly bint!

At speed its likely you wouldnt notice a flat tyre in a straight line,it would become apparent when the speed drops,or going off straight.

The air lifts the car masking the flat tyre.

The smoke should be a give away that something is wrong though!

Quite a coincidence this, but just half an hour ago followed a 56 plate blue Renault Megane up Broadfield Road with no rear lights on. When brakes applied just one brake light came on. I couldn't believe it, this thread is coming to life I thought.

Anyway, as the car pulled right at the lights to go Abbeydale Road towards town, I pulled next to her (it was a woman in her 50's) I noticed the dash lights on and the headlights on. Definitely no DSLs on a 56 plate Renault.

I did try to wave at her but nothing, she just stared straight ahead. She's probably fed up with strange people waving at her.

Same car that Pete saw on the motorway I wonder.