Der Hammer | A Sheffield Synthesizer night on Friday, November 21st

softriot

Hello everyone,

I'm just posting on this forum to let anyone interested know about a night called DER HAMMER happening at Dada Bar on Friday, 21st.

The night is hosted and DJ'ed by myself as DJ JJD along with my partner in crime MM Lyle (DJ Lady Boy). Guest DJs are Less Than Zero (Berlin/London).

We play Synthpop » Minimal » New Wave » Post-Punk » Coldwave » Italo » Eurobeat » Electro » EBM » Neue Deutsche Welle » Old » New » Classics » Secrets

Live acts include SOFT RIOT and THE SILENT AGE (more details below).

As I'm new to this forum I can't include any links in my submissions yet but check out /derhammerclub on Facebook OR derhammer.club on the web to find out more information.

Thanks!

===========================================

SOFT RIOT

Soft Riot is JJD, a new resident to Sheffield from London and Vancouver, and uses an arsenal of synthesizers, mixers, effects and lighting to fill rooms with sinister, minimalist electronic “pop” songs equally influenced by dystopian film, soundtracks, psychedelia and various types of “wave” music. Soft Riot has released two albums, the latest album “Fiction Prediction”, released last year on Other Voices/Volar Records. Soft Riot has toured Europe numerous times, including cities as far as Moscow.

THE SILENT AGE

The Silent Age is a well-established Sheffield band that draws its influence from the alternative and underground cultural scenes and synthesizer groups of the 1980s. Inspired by the literary and artistic movements of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries and the Steel City’s famous synthpop history, the band’s songs provide a richly atmospheric musical tapestry of mechanistic, multi-layered electronic sounds, haunting vocals, pounding rhythms and dark, brooding basslines.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. Our first night went really well so we'll be back in January on the 23rd I think. They're be more info on our Facebook page and derhammer.club website soon enough. As for Radio 2, I don't believe I've ever been played on Radio 2 —*maybe it was someone else?