Drinking and hand shakes

Hiya,

Don't really know why i'm posting, but i suppose it's as an outlet to a secret i've been hiding.

I recently started a new job in a bar, and got quickly promoted to Supervisor and running shifts.

I however drink a lot, and i've started to get the shakes really bad during the day. To combat this i've been drinking more, which has led to a vicious circle to stop them. In turn that means i don't eat and have a sore stomach too.

I feel that if i am asked to carry out shifts at short notice, i cannot do them because of this, but i cannot afford the time off due to Christmas bills and hours are cut already just due to the industry.

Feel embarrased, ashamed of myself and don't know where to turn ...

Hiya,

Don't really know why i'm posting, but i suppose it's as an outlet to a secret i've been hiding.

I recently started a new job in a bar, and got quickly promoted to Supervisor and running shifts.

I however drink a lot, and i've started to get the shakes really bad during the day. To combat this i've been drinking more, which has led to a vicious circle to stop them. In turn that means i don't eat and have a sore stomach too.

I feel that if i am asked to carry out shifts at short notice, i cannot do them because of this, but i cannot afford the time off due to Christmas bills and hours are cut already just due to the industry.

Feel embarrased, ashamed of myself and don't know where to turn ...

You've admitted you have a problem. That is beleive it or not the hardest step and bravo on you for doing it and also doing it so publicly.

Your local AA meeting is the place to go - find them in the phone book. People may make a mockery of the program but the fact is it does work (and you dont need to be diagnosed as having a problem first) You also need to make an apponitment with your GP to be checked over to see if there is any long term health issue that needs addressing.