Wheelchair users and prams on public transport, whose priority

Who should have priority on public transport?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who should have priority on public transport?

• Wheelchair users
    • Parents with prams
    • Not sure

Yeah, they should be strapped to the overhead luggage rack. :huh:

---------- Post added 23-11-2014 at 10:21 ----------

What a bizarre statement to make.

We're talking about how you fold up a pushchair, and you're thinking about giving away children. :confused:

---------- Post added 23-11-2014 at 10:22 ----------

And you would be thrown off the bus, and quite rightly.

You're clearly a very selfish person.

I'm quite certain that I wouldn't be thrown off the bus, actually.

What a bizarre statement to make.

We're talking about how you fold up a pushchair, and you're thinking about giving away children. :confused:

What is bizarre is that you clearly didn't read the post I responded too.

---------- Post added 23-11-2014 at 12:34 ----------

And you would be thrown off the bus, and quite rightly.

You're clearly a very selfish person.

Its bizarre that you think throwing infants off a bus is the moral thing to do.

Edited by martok

I find it strange people would advocate having a child loose on a bus when it's illegal in a car.

A very poor comparison. Using your logic, I find it strange that people would advocate having a child in a pushchair on a bus when it is illegal in a car.

I'm quite sure you would. Do you know what a lovely person that makes you?

You aren't coming across as lovely either I am afraid. What is so difficult about removing your child from the pushchair and folding it up. If your device can't be folded with one hand (the other holding your child), then you have made a poor purchasing decision.

I'm quite certain that I wouldn't be thrown off the bus, actually.

Lets hope you are never in this situation with some of this lot on the bus, they might just throw you and your three kids off the bus whilst its still moving, its amazing that they think throwing small infants off a bus is the moral thing to do.

---------- Post added 23-11-2014 at 12:39 ----------

I'm quite sure you would. Do you know what a lovely person that makes you?

Not the kind of person that I would ever wish to meet.

---------- Post added 23-11-2014 at 12:40 ----------

A very poor comparison. Using your logic, I find it strange that people would advocate having a child in a pushchair on a bus when it is illegal in a car.

You aren't coming across as lovely either I am afraid. What is so difficult about removing your child from the pushchair and folding it up. If your device can't be folded with one hand (the other holding your child), then you have made a poor purchasing decision.

What makes you think that Cheekster only has one child, she told everyone several pages back that she has three children and that the oldest is just three years old.

Edited by martok

And I balance my other two children on my head, I suppose?

Lets hope you are never in this situation with some of this lot on the bus, they might just throw you and your three kids off the bus whilst its still moving, its amazing that they think throwing small infants off a bus is the moral thing to do.

What makes you think that Cheekster only has one child, she told everyone several pages back that she has three children and that the oldest is just three years old.

Fair enough, I have read the whole thread but must have missed that.

And I balance my other two children on my head, I suppose?

Ok fair enough, as above I didn't know you had three children. However myself, and the vast majority of respondents to the poll would rather you inconvenienced than the person in a wheel chair. I would find it fairer if you were asked to leave the bus with your brood than if a disabled person was refused carriage because of your party of offspring.

Ideally you would both be able to travel, but you being inconvenienced would be the lesser of two evils in most peoples opinions.

Fair enough, I have read the whole thread but must have missed that.

Ok fair enough, as above I didn't know you had three children. However myself, and the vast majority of respondents to the poll would rather you inconvenienced than the person in a wheel chair. I would find it fairer if you were asked to leave the bus with your brood than if a disabled person was refused carriage because of your party of offspring.

Ideally you would both be able to travel, but you being inconvenienced would be the lesser of two evils in most peoples opinions.

Sat out in the cold who do you think would get hypothermia first, an adult or a baby?

I would always put a baby before myself no matter what disability I had.