Wheelchair users and prams on public transport, whose priority

Who should have priority on public transport?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who should have priority on public transport?

• Wheelchair users
    • Parents with prams
    • Not sure

Then whats the discussion about, some people appear to be under the impression that there isn't enough room for a double buggy and a wheelchair and that anyone with children in a pushchair should be forced off the bus if it can't be moved to another location on the bus.

they should have to fold it. that isn't a lack of humanity its not being selfish. like i said try actually being disabled and then i would be interested to hear your view.

Not just spouting about humanity and this danger everywhere, peados everywhere, won't someone think of the children mentality.

The fact that majority of the poll is in favour of the disabled says it all.

I'm sure you will have some comeback but the fact is you are disjointed from reality and i'm taking you and your opinion with a pinch of salt

They wouldn't be in breach of the rules because the rules don't say that they have to exist the bus.

The rules say they have to move. Are you being deliberately obtuse now?

Being in a wheelchair wouldn't cause me to loose my humanity so would never leave me feeling that I should take priory over an infants safety.

You apparently don't have any to lose. I've no idea what "loosing" it would mean. There has never been any safety risk to these infants, only an inconvenience risk to the adult.

Then whats the discussion about, some people appear to be under the impression that there isn't enough room for a double buggy and a wheelchair and that anyone with children in a pushchair should be forced off the bus if it can't be moved to another location on the bus.

Nobody has said that.

You claim to have posted reasons as to why the pushchair cannot be folded. (Although you refuse to tell us which posts these were or to summarise such reasons).

Only in the case where the parent refused to fold it and move would any further action be required.

Mobility scootas are permitted on buses, so long as they are under certain dimensions and will fit in the reference wheelchair space on a bus. (and the scoota handler has the relevant permit to bring the scoota on the bus).

Not wishing to argue PT - far from it, a certain poster on here has that firmly under his/her remit, but is that countrywide? As my friend understands, that is not the case (in Brighton, at least).

they should have to fold it. that isn't a lack of humanity its not being selfish. like i said try actually being disabled and then i would be interested to hear your view.

Round and round we go, they don't all fold and sometimes its not practical or safe to take two infants out of a double buggy, sometimes there is nowhere else on the bus to sit.

Not just spouting about humanity and this danger everywhere, peados everywhere, won't someone think of the children mentality.

The fact that majority of the poll is in favour of the disabled says it all.

I'm sure you will have some comeback but the fact is you are disjointed from reality and i'm taking you and your opinion with a pinch of salt

No it doesn't say anything, the questioned is flawed and we have no idea who each member name belongs to, and even if it wasn't flawed it isn't uncommon for the majority to be wrong.

---------- Post added 01-12-2014 at 15:19 ----------

The rules say they have to move. Are you being deliberately obtuse now?

You apparently don't have any to lose. I've no idea what "loosing" it would mean. There has never been any safety risk to these infants, only an inconvenience risk to the adult.

If there is somewhere else on the bus to move too, are you deliberately ignoring the rest of the sentence in that rule?

Its you that wants to throw infants off a bus, so I don't think you can claim the moral high ground.

---------- Post added 01-12-2014 at 15:20 ----------

Nobody has said that.

You claim to have posted reasons as to why the pushchair cannot be folded. (Although you refuse to tell us which posts these were or to summarise such reasons).

Only in the case where the parent refused to fold it and move would any further action be required.

They implied it.

MrSmiths ego and his desire to be heard regardless of the "merits" of any argument he has....

I there was I thinking that is was me arguing that under no circumstance should a women with three infants be thrown off a bus to make room for someone in a wheelchair.

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you try rewording it?

And there was me thinking that it was me defending a parents right to be not thrown off a bus with her three infants just to make room for someone in a wheelchair.