What tyre sizes fit on my alloys?

Might seem a daft question, but what tyres can I put on my alloys? The ones currently on the back are 275/45/18, the ones on the front are 245/45/18. The alloys are the same.

It's a BMW 630i with original wheels if that makes any difference. I assumed you could just put one size on, or at least one width, but as the alloys are the same, I guess that is not the case!

Assume again that I can put 275's on the front? (It's the fronts that need replacing) What difference will it make?

Cheers

:)

What widths are the alloys? Obviously they're 18" diameter from the tyre but what will fit depends on both the width of the wheels and how much room there is to fit under the arches.

Also if you end up with anything other than stock tyres it's likely the circumference of the tyres will change meaning your speedo won't read correctly any more, even if it's only out by 1 or 2 mph.

For example my stock wheels are actually 16x8 but I have 18x9.5 and 18x8.5 wheels on there with tyres that fit. It all depends.

Cheers, I will check the air pressure info inside the door and see what it says. I will also look in the book when I get home. I replaced the rears a while ago and need to do the fronts. Just been looking for the same spec as the rears so it was a surprise when I looked at the front ones and they were different!

Cheers, I will check the air pressure info inside the door and see what it says. I will also look in the book when I get home. I replaced the rears a while ago and need to do the fronts. Just been looking for the same spec as the rears so it was a surprise when I looked at the front ones and they were different!

I'd also check to see if there's a weld seam running from the floor pan right over the roof. :hihi:

I'd also check to see if there's a weld seam running from the floor pan right over the roof. :hihi:

What's a cut and shut got to do with different width alloys front and back? It's quite common.

What's a cut and shut got to do with different width alloys front and back? It's quite common.

Shouldnt be with b.m. w. they should be the tyres recomended by the maker./ you cant put willy nilly tyres on these cars ./ Check with your iinsurer if in doubt. :suspect:

Edited by spider1