What tyre sizes fit on my alloys?

BMW commonly spec run-flats for their cars which is what your garage will fit, as the name suggest you can get a puncture and limp your way to the nearest garage for repair without having to faf around with changing the wheel or using goo.

The downside is they give a horrible ride in comparison to other tyres as they have such a stiff side-wall.

Many of the enthusiast clubs will offer advice on different tyres to give a better ride, you loose the 'run-flat' capability, but get a nicer drive as a trade-off.

It's quite common with the Z4's IIRC.

Yes they do you blithering idiot.

They often put a wider wheel on the back.

For example the 3 litre Z4 runs:

18x8 ET47 front

18x8.5 ET50 rear

I may be a blithering idiot. but arent these the same rims wheels but just different tyres :hihi:

---------- Post added 14-11-2014 at 13:44 ----------

BMW commonly spec run-flats for their cars which is what your garage will fit, as the name suggest you can get a puncture and limp your way to the nearest garage for repair without having to faf around with changing the wheel or using goo.

The downside is they give a horrible ride in comparison to other tyres as they have such a stiff side-wall.

Many of the enthusiast clubs will offer advice on different tyres to give a better ride, you loose the 'run-flat' capability, but get a nicer drive as a trade-off.

It's quite common with the Z4's IIRC.

Yes these clubs will know what is acceptable to insurance companies you would think ./ also a tyre fitter would know dont take to much notice of blithering idiot.on here:hihi::hihi:

I may be a blithering idiot. but arent these the same rims wheels but just different tyres :hihi::hihi:

Quite clearly the rear wheel is a half inch wider than the front.

Yes these clubs will know what is acceptable to insurance companies you would think ./

You would need to ask your company before, some will count it as modification and some may not.

Trying to guess what an insurance company will do is like trying to predict the lottery numbers :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Indeed, it's enormous.

I wonder if the rears would foul the front suspension if you tried to put them there??

Either that or the wheel arch..

---------- Post added 14-11-2014 at 14:08 ----------

Thanks you never stop learning do you. :hihi::hihi:

Well.. you don't... :)