How is Sepp Blatter still head of FIFA?

potlegs

You will have to wait until Blatter is deposed to find out the truth about him. That will happen sooner or later.

Today's report is hilarious really. How can you publish a report which is immediately condemned by one of its main authors. Eventually, someone will make the calculation that the only way that they can keep their own place on the gravy train is to shop Sepp.

Let's hope that day is quite near.

I think we may have to wait until Sepp decomposes. As opposed to deposed.:P

• 5 weeks later...

Blatter is still in charge, because he's a very astute politician. He secured a power-base in Africa and Asia by giving them more access to world football. I'd bet that it's only in Europe and North America that he's disparaged.

I think that the only way change can be forced is if UEFA as a whole made a stand against him.

Blatter is still in charge, because he's a very astute politician. He secured a power-base in Africa and Asia by giving them more access to world football. I'd bet that it's only in Europe and North America that he's disparaged.

I think that the only way change can be forced is if UEFA as a whole made a stand against him.

They should, but they won't. Platini is learning quickly from the master and it wouldn't surprise me if he only got the job due to Blatter's blessing.

I remember at the time that several prominent Dutch and German figures were standing as candidate for the UEFA head-honcho job and mysteriously didn't get any votes.

They should, but they won't. Platini is learning quickly from the master and it wouldn't surprise me if he only got the job due to Blatter's blessing.

I remember at the time that several prominent Dutch and German figures were standing as candidate for the UEFA head-honcho job and mysteriously didn't get any votes.

I was surprised to learn that the Qatar bid was backed by Platini, and Blatter backed the USA's bid. Which does make you wonder if this is all some sort of astute manoeuvre by Blatter.