Would you know what a CID identification card should look like?

Yeah...I know...random again.

I've just been watching Midsomer Murders....and they turned up to 'interview' someone and 'flashed' their ID cards.

I don't know about anyone else...But I wouldn't know a genuine one from a bulls foot. What are they supposed to look like?

How would you know if they are genuine? I could cobble something together on the computer that 'might' look quite official...But how would you know?

Yeah...I know...random again.

I've just been watching Midsomer Murders....and they turned up to 'interview' someone and 'flashed' their ID cards.

I don't know about anyone else...But I wouldn't know a genuine one from a bulls foot. What are they supposed to look like?

How would you know if they are genuine? I could cobble something together on the computer that 'might' look quite official...But how would you know?

I wouldnt have a clue! Its probably a very good topic you have started, because I would wager most of us wouldnt know either!

I definitely wouldn't know one....Just the same as if someone came to my door flashing an ID of some sort....I wouldn't know a genuine one from a fake....Police, gas board, electricity people...Whoever...How are we supposed to know what's genuine?

You TELL them to wait outside while you ring the local nick on a number you know.

If they are the real deal they won't mind.....unless they let themselves in using the big red key!

It will normally be a wallet with a metal badge stating what force they are attached too, along with an ID card showing their picture and number. If still unsure, do as stated above.

They have to have both together, not one or the other.

Edited by verona
Addition

You TELL them to wait outside while you ring the local nick on a number you know.

If they are the real deal they won't mind.....unless they let themselves in using the big red key!

I had to let them in, but that's what I did! All the person on the phone would say was, there are some CID working in your area today.

They weren't taking no for an answer! Especially after i'd almost taken their fingers off whilst they were looking through the letterbox, but they were overtly noisy and had even gone to the wrong address first, hence why I was already at the door finding out what all the commotion was about!

They can only come in if you are at large, to arrest you for an inditable offence or have a warrant signed by an inspector or Judge, wet ink as well I might add, not a photocopy or signed by the judges clerke.