How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

You do realise that most of the people who support legalisation aren't actually using it? So clearly what you just said is wrong.

It's just a fact that the way to minimise harm is to legalise and control it, prohibition has failed, it's always failed, it can only fail. Legalised control is the best harm reduction strategy, and morally more correct.

If something wrecks lifes and their familys,it doesnt matter who the seller is,the result is the same.

Of course im open to listening to how drugs would not turn young people into dead beats if it was legal?

Already explained. To protect them.

Post 209 is the reality of why the drug should not be legalised.

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 09:40 ----------

I don,t know any non user of illegal drugs that want them legalised.

Prohibition has worked in stopping some people not using them.

Firstly, I'm not yours or anybody elses to protect . The only person I could be considered to belong to is my mother and i'm pretty sure your not her!

I'll make my own mind up thanks.

Secondly, My mrs, my neighbours, quite a few of my friends and I do not use drugs but want them legalised.

In that small group there are among others; nurses, teachers, firemen, store managers, housewives, students and social workers.

Edited by psynuk

I fully understand the point you are making and in many cases would agree with you but in the case of tobacco there are no beneficial effects only proven terrible diseases caused by them.

So what. That doesn't put you in any moral position to tell people what to do.

Ref non users advocating changes in drug legislation on the forum. These number very few as I am sure are members of society as a whole.

Nope, you're wrong.

There will always be users who want change and will argue strongly for it to justify their own behaviour

Not the case here though is it.

It's the rational harm reduction strategy. We all know it (maybe not you, but everyone who's actually rational about it).

but what has to be considered is the common good and not the wishes of a few.

That's right. I'm afraid in this case you're in the "wishes of the few" camp. Your argument is not based on reality or harm reduction. Prohibition is not a sensible strategy for society to follow.

There are probably some responsible users but the law is there to protect the vulnerable.

No it isn't. Look up the history of the law regarding cannabis, it's nothing to do with protecting people, never has been.

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 15:36 ----------

Have a read of this... I assume you'll take a study and report by the London School of Economics as not being somehow produced by those with a vested interest?

http://www.lse.ac.uk/ideas/publications/reports/pdf/lse-ideas-drugs-report-final-web.pdf

If something wrecks lifes and their familys,it doesnt matter who the seller is,the result is the same.

Of course im open to listening to how drugs would not turn young people into dead beats if it was legal?

I'm open to listening to how drugs would not turn young people into dead beats* if they were illegal?

(On the assumption that we accept your premise (which I don't) that drugs turn young people into dead beats).

jb

You've got 11 pages to read then (and all the previous discussions on the topic), not to mention the resource of the drugs advisory council to the government, and google of course.

Knock yourself out!

A drugs advisory? lol What will they advice? More??

I'm not claiming to be. It's a shame that you seem to be both ill-informed and somehow proud of it.

Ill informed?

please explain how you jump to that conclusion?

I know enough to know with drugs theres only one way,and thats down! You dont need an expert or google to know that!