How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

Silica dioxide would stick break the capillary column of the GC-MS analysing the drug...the companies been there for a while, it's never happened.

Whatever you say, I don't believe Frank anyway. Your two years of experience clearly makes you the expert.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2007/jan/12/drugsandalcohol.drugs

http://www.ccguide.org/news/shownewsarticle.php?articleid=12570

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/6319541.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/6386311.stm

Silica dioxide would stick break the capillary column of the GC-MS analysing the drug...
Glass isn't silica dioxide, it's silicon dioxide - a.k.a just 'silica'. Merely for clarity.

Cannabis has been cut with fine glass sand= http://www.rollitup.org/t/there-is-glass-in-my-weed.12072/

It was referred to as grit weed on the streets...

So much for your knowledge on the matter eh!

That's right. Cannabis was once cut with glass.

The cannabis, grown in the Netherlands for illegal export, would be shaken for a harvest of kif or 'pollen' which could then be sold as high grade domestically pressed hashish. The remaining cannabis flowers with most of the trichomes shaken off, were then made up to weight with the addition of microscopic glass beads, available cheaply & in bulk for making reflective paint, material etc.

the company's been there for a while, it's never happened

It happened.

Do your research.

I deal with loads of seized cannabis samples every day. Not once. Never. Have I seen this. Ever. Excellent source there, so much for your knowledge....

Cannabis potency and contamination: a review

of the literature

Jennifer McLaren1, Wendy Swift, Paul Dillon & Steve Allsop

National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New SouthWales, Australia, National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre, University of New South Wales, Australia and National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University of Technology, Australia

…Substances may also be used to ‘bulk up’ the weight of the marijuana or to make it appear more potent. Recently, there were reports of tiny glass beads added to marijuana in order to add bulk and to mimic the crystalline appearance of the resin glands, which contain large amounts of THC. This marijuana (‘grit weed’) appeared across the United Kingdom [76–78], prompting the Department of Health to issue a public health alert of potential harms associated with smoking the contaminated marijuana including sore mouth, mouth ulcers, chesty persistent coughs and tightness in the chest [79]. The Department estimated that approximately 5–10% of marijuana seized from January to March 2007 was contaminated with glass beads [80].

76. cannaprag.net. http://www.cannaprag.net/comment/

070101.htm. 2007. Available at: http://www.cannaprag.net/comment070101.htm (accessed 3 January 2007).

77. UK Cannabis Internet Activists. Cannabis Contamination.

January 2007.

78. The Poor House. Beware the ‘Glass Grass’. 19 December

79. Department of Health. Alert—Contamination of Herbal

or ‘Skunk-Type’ Cannabis with Glass Beads. 19 January

80. Department of Health. Update on Seizures of Cannabis

Contaminated with Glass Particles. 17 May 2007.

Silica dioxide would stick break the capillary column of the GC-MS analysing the drug...

If you injected glass microspheres into GC apparatus you would break it. It strikes me that you'd be an idiot if you injected an unfiltered sample made from extracting plant matter with solvent into a GC column. The glass beads are totally inert - they're not a psychotropic cut, they're a bulking agent.

Cannabis is sometimes blended with opium to make opiated hashish, but you'd have to be extremely fortunate to come across any in the UK.

So there still no 'proof' yeah?

Are you not required to provide proof then?

Edit - thanks to abywebsite and Phan though for looking up the proof, although it probably won't be accepted, someone seems to have an axe to grind.

Edited by Cyclone

If you injected glass microspheres into GC apparatus you would break it. It strikes me that you'd be an idiot if you injected an unfiltered sample made from extracting plant matter with solvent into a GC column. The glass beads are totally inert - they're not a psychotropic cut, they're a bulking agent.

Cannabis is sometimes blended with opium to make opiated hashish, but you'd have to be extremely fortunate to come across any in the UK.

Its not filtered because the THC/CBD comes out into the solvent when heated...

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 09:47 ----------

Are you not required to provide proof then?

Edit - thanks to abywebsite and Phan though for looking up the proof, although it probably won't be accepted, someone seems to have an axe to grind.

Once again, Just because i cant prove my experience with a link, its not proof? You really REALLY need to understand the word 'evidence'. I mean, why wouldn't you class it as proof though...its written down :rolleyes:

Proof aliens exist: http://bit.ly/1zYImj8

Edited by crimescene

Are you trying to teach me about evidence whilst claiming your anecdotes count. That's rich.

Do you know what the plural of anecdote is... It isn't data and it isn't evidence.

I guess the studies and links that have been posted though, don't count, because your anecdote must mean that you're correct. lol.

Are you trying to teach me about evidence whilst claiming your anecdotes count. That's rich.

Do you know what the plural of anecdote is... It isn't data and it isn't evidence.

I guess the studies and links that have been posted though, don't count, because your anecdote must mean that you're correct. lol.

I was seeing the irony that they are trying to claim EVIDENCE when they are just recounting how *they* haven't seen any silica in cannabis, but then got all grumpy and threw teddies out of the pram when numerous, peer-reviewed, published studies shows that it is commonly found...sigh,

Just been given out that research by King's College London shows that the use of skunk type Cannabis is the cause of 24% of new psychosis cases.

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 10:38 ----------

I was seeing the irony that they are trying to claim EVIDENCE when they are just recounting how *they* haven't seen any silica in cannabis, but then got all grumpy and threw teddies out of the pram when numerous, peer-reviewed, published studies shows that it is commonly found...sigh,

Just been given out that research by King's College London shows that the use of skunk type Cannabis is the cause of 24% of new psychosis cases

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 10:42 ----------

There's no evidence that decriminalisation increases levels of use or addiction.

Cannabis is less addictive than nicotine, alcohol is addictive as well, yet I don't worry about my family becoming addicted to it./QUOTE]

Just been given out that research by King's College London shows that the use of skunk type Cannabis is the cause of 24% of new psychosis cases

Edited by Dark Night

Just been given out that research by King's College London shows that the use of skunk type Cannabis is the cause of 24% of new psychosis cases.

You've obviously misread the report, it doesn't show any causality.

It says that some people that came to them *already* suffering psychosis smoked a lot of cannabis, not that the cannabis caused the psychosis in the first place. There is no mention of what caused the psychosis in those that didn't use cannabis!

The report seems to concern "super strength" strains but even then Sir Robin Murray, professor of psychiatric research at King’s College London, states:-

“You’re not going to go psychotic after a couple of puffs, It’s like alcohol – drinking the odd glass of wine is fine, but if you’re drinking a bottle of whisky a day you’re heading for trouble.”

So if you're a moderate user, just like alcohol, you won't have any issues.

The study found that smoking hash, a less potent form of cannabis, had no association with psychosis.

So the underlying problem seems to be that buying from an illegal source you have no idea what you're getting.

This report should surely be another reason why cannabis should be sold legally and regulated.

Edited by Magilla

It could well be the case that those with psychosis are self medicating with cannabis, but no causality was established (from what Magilla said).

The report in the Lancet

http://www.thelancet.com/pb/assets/raw/Lancet/pdfs/14TLP0454_Di%20Forti.pdf

did say that the study was on people with first episode psychosis..so I assume this means the first time the person has presented with it..I stand to be corrected though..anyway have a read of it..