How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

So suffering psyhcosis after use of cannabis is a normal condition:huh:

It's not saying that. It's saying that in people who take cannabis that the rates of psychosis are higher. It is not saying that there is proof that the cannabis causes the psychosis. There are many other factors involved, the main one could be that people more inclined to suffer psychosis smoke cannabis. It could equally mean that cannabis does cause psychosis, but the report doesn't give this information, nor did it set out to prove causality.

What's your response to the great success of legalisation in Colorado?

What's your response to the research carried out by Kings College London.

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 13:38 ----------

It's not saying that. It's saying that in people who take cannabis that the rates of psychosis are higher. It is not saying that there is proof that the cannabis causes the psychosis. There are many other factors involved, the main one could be that people more inclined to suffer psychosis smoke cannabis. It could equally mean that cannabis does cause psychosis, but the report doesn't give this information, nor did it set out to prove causality.

The report say Smoking potent cannabis was linked to 24% of new psychosis cases analysed by Kings College London.

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 13:43 ----------

What it does draw is the question how many of those on here defending the use of cannabis and damming the report do partake of cannabis themselves

I asked first; after you.

What it does draw is the question how many of those on here defending the use of cannabis and damming the report do partake of cannabis themselves

Many high profile campaigners for legalisation, including senior police officers are non users.

Why do you think the issue of whether people use or not is so important?

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 13:38 ----------

The report say Smoking potent cannabis was linked to 24% of new psychosis cases analysed by Kings College London.

No it says that of people who smoked potent cannabis there was a 24% increase in psychosis. I'm not being a pedant. There is a huge difference in what you are saying to what the report says.

It can mean that people who are already more likely to suffer psychosis smoke cannabis.

It can also mean that cannabis causes a higher rate of psychosis in it's smokers.

It can mean a combination of those 2 things.

I don't smoke it, tried it a few times as a teenager and didn't really like it so I'm not covering or arguing for anything other than for people to be far more aware and understanding of causality and being able to read scientific reports correctly.

Smoking potent cannabis was linked to 24% of new psychosis cases analysed by Kings College London.

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 13:22 ----------

Oh dear the two wrongs make aright brigade ride again.

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 13:25 ----------

You're an expert are you' maybe you should contact Kings College London and tell them:loopy:

Did you understand what we were talking about with regards to causality?

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 14:11 ----------

Whilst we're talking about Dark Knight ignoring questions

I didn't ask you.

What is post #299 then?

You can't even remember what you've posted or why!

Any follow up on this.

Why it's relevant, why you thought you hadn't asked me, etc...

Edited by Cyclone

I asked first; after you.

Many high profile campaigners for legalisation, including senior police officers are non users.

Why do you think the issue of whether people use or not is so important?

Have you read the read the report by Kings college London?

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 14:43 ----------

That doesn't establish causality though, they may have been self medicating for many years to control symptoms before reporting it.
Oh is that what it controls Pshycosis Hmmm

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 14:47 ----------

Indeed. However, it remains essentially a red herring. Is a possible link between cannabis use and mental ill health in people with a predisposition towards it a valid reason to maintain the status quo? Clearly not.l]
why is it "Essentially a red Herring" have you any documentation to disprove it?

Have you read the read the report by Kings college London?

---------- Post added 16-02-2015 at 14:43 ----------

Oh is that what it controls Pshycosis Hmmm

Oh I give up. This is like talking to a toddler. No-one is saying that cannabis definitely doesn't cause psychosis or even that it may cause 24% increase in it. What people are repeatedly trying to get into your head is that the report does NOT at any point AT ALL say that smoking cannabis directly relates to an increase in psychosis diagnoses by 24%. It simple says that of people tested who admitted to smoking cannabis there was a 24% higher rate of psychosis than in those who said they didn't smoke it. Read the f'ing report before I head butt the wall in frustration.

As you seem to be failing to grasp the basics of causality, let me put it this way. Of people diagnosed with psychosis, 24% more of them admitted to smoking cannabis than those without a psychosis diagnosis. Which could be taken to show that people who are already suffering psychosis choose to smoke more weed. (The 24% here is an example and I figure I've put to demonstrate a point!)

Edited by sgtkate
Making it clear the figures in the second part are an example...