How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

I have no time for drug users who commit crime in order to fund their habit that prey on the young and old and rob houses leaving their victims feeling unsafe at home.
:hihi: Cannabis user don't rob to support their habit. Cannabis is cheap and doesn't take over peoples lives like heroin. The really bad cannabis users might steal but more than likely won't be able to work up enough effort!

Also, you are taking a chance driving with these idiots on the road.
Well not really. Because they'll be doing about 5 miles an hour :hihi:

If we locked up cannabis dealers , growers and users for a minimum of 5 years for a first offence then we wouldn't have to police it as the cannabis lovers would be banged up leaving the plod to concentrate on other things. Simples.

Just like they should lock up fraudsters, people who commit motoring offences and people that buy illegal tobacco??

---------- Post added 14-11-2014 at 15:59 ----------

There was an old pakistani bloke in white robes off his face and stinking of weed in the post office last week trying to sell the stuff. Never seen the postmaster move so fast getting this guy out of the shop.

The effect of drugs in the area is very apparent with lack of activity/exercise, health problems etc. The effects of alcohol and smoking are bad enough without bringing anything else into the equation.

I have no time for drug users who commit crime in order to fund their habit that prey on the young and old and rob houses leaving their victims feeling unsafe at home. Also, you are taking a chance driving with these idiots on the road.

If time was taken away from them then they wouldn't be able to do anything wrong. Everyone not working should be out of their comfort zone for at least six hours per day. The bodies chemicals would then be more than enough.

I think you'll find that there's a lot more people use cannabis than you realise. It's a common drug and It's practically harmless to the community in comparison to alcohol.

Don't you realise that this guy, off his face, selling in public places, is actually part of the problems that arise through prohibition? If it were legal, why would he need to sell it on the streets?

To all of you who think it will EVER be legalised, imagine this in your drug induced stupor ... Which party is ever going to get into power with the legalisation of cannibis included in their manifesto, it would be political suicide. It'll never happen, it can't be allowed too. We have enough nutters roaming our streets without encouraging even more smackrats to join them

To all of you who think it will EVER be legalised, imagine this in your drug induced stupor ... Which party is ever going to get into power with the legalisation of cannibis included in their manifesto, it would be political suicide. It'll never happen, it can't be allowed too. We have enough nutters roaming our streets without encouraging even more smackrats to join them

You seem to be somewhat confused about cannabis.

There's a very large portion of the public, including doctors, police, politicians, teachers, businessmen/women and more who are in favour of it's legalisation, some are also users. How exactly would it be political suicide?

What makes you think people would become "nutters" if it were legalised?

As for "smackrats", that would be heroine.

You seem to be somewhat confused about cannabis.

There's a very large portion of the public, including doctors, police, politicians, teachers, businessmen/women and more who are in favour of it's legalisation, some are also users. How exactly would it be political suicide?

I think the majority of the population would be against legalising the drug including the majority of professionals in the groups you identify.

I've no problem with decriminalizing cannabis but we don't do moderation very well in this country with alcohol so I don't know whether we'd do any better with cannabis.

I used to think decriminalisation would be a good thing until another poster on here (sorry, can't remember who, was a long time ago) explained the pitfalls to me.

Decriminalising it does not make it legal and it doesn't take it out of the hands of gangs or dodgy dealers. Decriminalisation can actually make the situation worse, as opposed to legalising it, which removes most if not all of the criminal element.

---------- Post added 14-11-2014 at 19:10 ----------

I think the majority of the population would be against legalising the drug including the majority of professionals in the groups you identify.

Why do you think that?