How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

The laws on smoking cigarettes would be matched to those of smoking pot.

I was meaning more the situation where you would be legally allowed to tell your child a bedtime story with a spliff on, but couldn't give them a lift to school with a fag on :hihi:

It becomes legal in Canada on July 1st 2018. It has already been legalised in 4 or5 US States

Interesting. In fact a quick check reveals 8 or 9 states have made it legal, though the ruling comes with varying stipulations. So the idea might work here. Has it lessened illegal activity do you know?

Election 2017: Liberal Democrats plan to legalise cannabis so it can be taxed and sold on the high street.

Much of our crime is down to drugs, will this help to reduce that? I believe the Liberal Democrats are proposing this, because they have investigated what will happen and the result will be positive.

Have you got evidence to the contrary?

Actually only a small percentage of crime is down to drugs so I doubt this would do much to put a dent in that. If you are interested in the figure then the ONS has them. There were around 6.1 million crimes recorded in the year ending 2016 and out of that less than 200,000 were drug related.

Actually only a small percentage of crime is down to drugs so I doubt this would do much to put a dent in that. If you are interested in the figure then the ONS has them. There were around 6.1 million crimes recorded in the year ending 2016 and out of that less than 200,000 were drug related.

Probably the most misleading post I have seen in a long time :hihi:

Interesting. In fact a quick check reveals 8 or 9 states have made it legal, though the ruling comes with varying stipulations. So the idea might work here. Has it lessened illegal activity do you know?

I don't really know if it has had any effect on dealing it, but although I don't do it myself, I know many users of the stuff. There are that many other drugs out there, so trafficking is still going to be with us and the crime that comes with it, unfortunately. However, there will be a massive increase in revenue for the Government here, when the law comes in, much like when betting shops were legalised in the UK around 1961

Reading between the lines th I s drug causes paranoia which leads to mental illness,there's enough of that about,so no I wouldn't legalise it.

actually it can trigger, NOT cause paranoia, and the whole point of the article is about regulating the type of cannabis and cutting down on the parts of the drug that causes the problems