How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

Actually only a small percentage of crime is down to drugs so I doubt this would do much to put a dent in that. If you are interested in the figure then the ONS has them. There were around 6.1 million crimes recorded in the year ending 2016 and out of that less than 200,000 were drug related.

I dont have any confirmation at the moment, I would be surprised if less than half of crime was drug related; although cannabis use will be a small part of that.

Reading between the lines th I s drug causes paranoia which leads to mental illness,there's enough of that about,so no I wouldn't legalise it.

I believe it's the illegal 'skunk' (a particularly strong form of cannabis) that causes mental illness.

---------- Post added 13-05-2017 at 16:42 ----------

I think there's a strong case for legalising cannabis for medicinal purposes.

I believe it's the illegal 'skunk' (a particularly strong form of cannabis) that causes mental illness.

---------- Post added 13-05-2017 at 16:42 ----------

I think there's a strong case for legalising cannabis for medicinal purposes.

Medicinal cannabis has been legal for quite some time in Canada and some US States. Had to laugh at the term skunk as, to me, that's what pot stinks like i.e. a little less putrid than when a skink releases it's odour mechanism.

Medicinal cannabis has been legal for quite some time in Canada and some US States. Had to laugh at the term skunk as, to me, that's what pot stinks like i.e. a little less putrid than when a skink releases it's odour mechanism.

I hope it will be legal here soon. I'm knocking on 50 and working outdoors a lot hasn't helped the oncoming arthritis. The thought of a cup of ganga bedtime tea and a custard cream fills me with hope.

I think you're right, the sledgehammer stuff that's available these days is causing the damage.

Not really, it's THC which is associated with psychotic diseases, so there isn't any kind of cannabis that can be considered as "safe".

Probably the most misleading post I have seen in a long time :hihi:

Maybe if you have a read at some of the statistics you could come back and quote some of the misleading ones.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/crimeinenglandandwales/yearendingdec2016#how-have-trends-for-individual-crime-types-changed

Plenty of other sources of data available as well.