How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

True, but it has all the other advantages I mentioned.

Business (celebs included) have to pay tax and business rates.

Rather than contamination we could talk about product having known strength then.

Oh, and the police are freed up from chasing around cannabis dealers and can deal with crime that actually harms society.

True, but it has all the other advantages I mentioned.

Business (celebs included) have to pay tax and business rates.

Rather than contamination we could talk about product having known strength then.

Oh, and the police are freed up from chasing around cannabis dealers and can deal with crime that actually harms society.

Genuine question..is cannabis the only drug that a particular dealer would sell? Don't they sell a range of "products"?

Genuine question..is cannabis the only drug that a particular dealer would sell? Don't they sell a range of "products"?

I've heard arguments that cannabis is a so called gateway drug to other narcotics.

Maybe in a world were your average cannabis user can obtain their supply from an authorised outlet and maybe cheaper than the dealer on the corner. Would it therefore reduce the custom to the dealer and then the potential of sampling their other 'products'?

Alcohol is a gateway drug though, in fact probably worse as it lowers your inhibitions as well, making you more receptive to doing something you otherwise would refuse.

No doubt most do.

From what I've seen on the TV the big money is in the harder class A drugs, if anything a cannabis only dealer is bottom rung on the dealing business.

It's probably the first thing most dealers start with, then make abit of money and move to more expensive/harder drugs.

That won't apply to organised gangs like the county line dealers, they'll pull kids in and have them start off dealing Heroin from day 1.

Cyclone,

Yes, they do sell a range of products: Crystal meth, cocaine, heroin, GHB, extasy, TINA, Monkey Dust, Acid .

I've met a few dealers in my lifetime. Without exception they were scumbags.

If things worked out like you've described, then I think cannabis should be legalised.

Edited by petemcewan

Alcohol is a gateway drug though, in fact probably worse as it lowers your inhibitions as well, making you more receptive to doing something you otherwise would refuse.

No doubt most do.

From what I've seen on the TV the big money is in the harder class A drugs, if anything a cannabis only dealer is bottom rung on the dealing business.

It's probably the first thing most dealers start with, then make abit of money and move to more expensive/harder drugs.

That won't apply to organised gangs like the county line dealers, they'll pull kids in and have them start off dealing Heroin from day 1.

You can easily shift a few grands worth a week.

BTW it is hard to contaminate cannabis with anything.

then you know absolutely nothing, on the "drug" scene, its well known that street cannabis (both solid and "weed") is mixed with all sorts, including some very dodgy and dangerous liquids. also plenty of folks have been ripped off over the decades with none cannabis lookalikeys

---------- Post added 17-10-2018 at 19:03 ----------

I've heard arguments that cannabis is a so called gateway drug to other narcotics.

Maybe in a world were your average cannabis user can obtain their supply from an authorised outlet and maybe cheaper than the dealer on the corner. Would it therefore reduce the custom to the dealer and then the potential of sampling their other 'products'?

i know people that have used it as a gateway AWAY from other drugs, i myself used to use it to keep off booze, in my hardcore street drinking days.

that is very very true

then you know absolutely nothing, on the "drug" scene, its well known that street cannabis (both solid and "weed") is mixed with all sorts, including some very dodgy and dangerous liquids. also plenty of folks have been ripped off over the decades with none cannabis lookalikeys

As for knowing nothing about the drugs scene you are having a laugh as I'm fairly certain (for undisclosed reasons) I know a damn sight more that you do.

Its well known.. by who, you?

As for being mixed with all sorts including some very dodgy and dangerous liquids. Unless you are talking about fake resin then liquids it aint, maybe you can tell us what those dodgy and dangerous liquids are and why its mixed in. Its pretty obvious that you actually know very little about the subject and are just spouting secondhand scare stories.! Can you supply at least a credible link showing what you have stated is true or is it all anecdotal from a personal perspective?

As for being ripped off with non cannabis lookalikeys :hihi: Anybody getting ripped off with fake cannabis is ultimately stupid.