How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

I can pretty much envisage him tucking into porridge and vodka in his dressing gown, reading a long list of international laws in lieu of a newspaper, and crossing a couple off with a red biro, whilst humming cheerfully to himself.

Yeah,humming along to Joe Brown's version of Hava Nagila while chugging on a fat one:D.

Edited by Ontarian1981

For me this is a worrying statistic:

The percentage of Canadian drivers killed in vehicle crashes who test positive for drugs (40%) now actually exceeds the numbers who test positive for alcohol (33%)

Impaired driving is the leading criminal cause of death and injury in Canada, and drug-impaired driving is increasing.

Drug driving convictions are increasing here too.

What you've gotta remember is the technology for a road side test has only been around for a short while, prior to that all someone had to do was pass a road-side impairment test.

Now because it's so much simpler the test has become routine and many more people are being caught.

Russia has warned Canada that they are violating international drug trafficking laws by legalising cannabis lol. This coming from Putin who violates 2 or 3 international laws before breakfast every day.:o

That doesn't even make sense. It's already legal for states to deal in cannabis, the UK is currently one of the largest exporters.

And internal laws on drugs clearly don't affect trafficking, Canada hasn't made it legal for their citizens to export cannabis to anywhere it's illegal.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 10:57 ----------

Happening before legalisation...

So yet to see what the impact of legalisation will be.

How would I know personally? Well, I do drink coffee and tea.

But how would we know objectively, well, we know the effects of caffeine on the body and mind, and there's even the possibility that someone has actually performed a test.

And not relevant to the legalisation of cannabis, or any potential implications for cannabis use on driving.