How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

have we got the mental health budget to deal with the influx of paranoid schizophrenic,s due to canabis abuse ?

Why would there be an increase? Any tenuous links that have been found between cannabis and mental disorders have only been found through chronic use, not occasional recreational use.

most of the adults i know that tried it and stopped did so because it was something "everyone" in university tried. like blue hair lol.

they tried it. moved on.

and just to be pedantic 1/3 is not majority.

To be pedantic, I never claimed that a majority had tried it. That's a strawman.

You're ignoring the rest of the post about why they would or do care though?

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 10:25 ----------

have we got the mental health budget to deal with the influx of paranoid schizophrenic,s due to canabis abuse ?

What 'influx'?

i have had reason to be closely connected with mental health services drug abuse is the biggest single cause of mental health problems , why encourage more people to go down that road ? why not do something productive with your life ? :loopy:

i have had reason to be closely connected with mental health services drug abuse is the biggest single cause of mental health problems , why encourage more people to go down that road ? why not do something productive with your life ? :loopy:

This is simply untrue.

Do you think there's something special about illegal drugs, compared to legal ones that means they cause mental health issues? (Not that you're correct about the numbers anyway).

I think there's definitely a connection with drug about and mental health. But I don't necessarily think their is a direct cause and effect in every case.

Regardless of that though, what makes you think that usage will increase if drugs are legalised?

I don't think there has been any significant increase of drug use in the US states where cannabis is legal. Nor in places like Portugal where all drugs are now decriminalised.

I'd just like to add something at this point. I'm 100% in favour of legalising drugs.

But, and this may surprise some people, I don't take recreational drugs!

I hope some of the posters on this thread who seem to think the two are mutually inclusive can cope with this idea.