Vile Twitter threats to Jess Ennis

That doesn't follow at all. Which law says they are obliged to employ him?

Well ok there is no law to say they are obliged to employ him but he has been released from prison which means the legal system think he is safe to be allowed out and that includes working in a job, which for him happens to be football

Like i have said previously I find it disgusting he has been released however once someone is released from prison they should be free to work and contribute to society surely. Otherwise what would be the point of releasing them from prison?

Piffle. United are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot. They should have fired him for bringing the club into disrepute the moment he was convicted. They have no one but themselves to blame.

No your right about that I agree with you there. However they didnt when he was sent to prison so I dont believe they can do this retrospectively so they are screwed.

Piffle. United are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot. They should have fired him for bringing the club into disrepute the moment he was convicted. They have no one but themselves to blame.

When Evans was convicted he had days left on his contract, to sack him they would have had to go through the PFA which would have taken longer, it was more effective, efficient and quicker to let the contract run it's course which was days.

But hey don't let that get in the way.

No your right about that I agree with you there. However they didnt when he was sent to prison so I dont believe they can do this retrospectively so they are screwed.

Of course they can. They're just choosing not to - and doing enormous damage to their reputation in the process.

The club is massively at fault here, why they would want to heap all this bad press on themselves is unreal, the first team are doing ok and are in a good position to kick on, they don't need Evans and the baggage he brings with him, they should distance themselves from him and his entourage immediately. Whether he is eventually cleared or not his actions on that night went someway in conceding promotion to the mighty Owls, good riddance.

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 13:00 ----------

Would you be happy to have an unrepentant rapist in your place of work, how would your female members of staff feel about it!!

This is something for higher powers than an individual football club to decide - it should have been part of his mid-term release that he wouldn't be allowed to play professional football again/until his full term is completed... the courts that imprisoned him didn't see fit to say he shouldn't be able to play professional football again... therefore leaving this vacuum for all the negative publicity to grow.

I wouldn't feel happy with a rapist being allowed back to my place of work, nor a multiple offender who has violently assaulted men either, or a convicted thief. I wonder what the other players have thought about this - and if they are all willing to have him back (some would've been there when CE was there before, so will know him well personally, most though are newcomers).

The PFA just seem to have washed their hands of it all, whereas as his trade union should surely have been advising him to lie low for a while (and perhaps educate him on what was likely to happen when he rejoined the outside world and how he should conduct himself), or at least go training somewhere less in the public eye.

As for United - the only really sensible course of action now is to come out and say that following the reaction over the last week, they have decided it's best for all parties if Evans trained at another club, and will inform the PFA as such. If and when he overturns his conviction, then he would potentially be considered again, but otherwise it is too damaging to the club and those around it to maintain this current stance.

When Evans was convicted he had days left on his contract, to sack him they would have had to go through the PFA which would have taken longer, it was more effective, efficient and quicker to let the contract run it's course which was days.

But hey don't let that get in the way.

So in that case they are free not to re-employ him because he is not under contract?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Or,at least,I hope this is ironic:o

Sorry but I dont subscribe to Ennis the queen of Sheffield, I certainly dont want to smear her with Hendersons Relish and rebuild the Tinsley cooling towers as a celebration of her, ok I might go as far as the Hendersons bit. As for the vile animals threatening to rape her, they should feel the full force of the law, they are despicable.

Of course they can. They're just choosing not to - and doing enormous damage to their reputation in the process.

They can't sack him though - he's not their employee now? Though of course they should be able to tell the PFA he's no longer welcome to train with them.