Vile Twitter threats to Jess Ennis

Evans is a convicted rapist who continues to maintain that what he did was not rape. He is wrong and any employer who takes him on (football or otherwise) makes an indirect statement about their morals i.e. we don't care about his views if it makes us money. Trouble with that attitude is that people will judge the business and instead of the employee being an asset they become a liability... Evans is a liability that SUFC need to disassociate from.

The treatment of Jess Ennis is a disgrace and has occurred because United have failed to do what is right and are dragging this out. We now have a Sheffield icon being threatened and harassed whilst United continue to side with an unrepentant rapist in the misguided belief that it is a moral stance against 'the mob'. If the penny doesn't drop soon the Board will ruin the clubs reputation forever.

Spot on.

I think Sheffield United continue to push their own reputation further and further in to the dirt; by way of not taking decisive right action. I can't see this blowing over; and the longer they leave it, the worse it's going to get for them.

Evans and SUFC have handled it very badly. Evans should have gone on an extended holiday, perhaps trained himself to maintain fitness. SUFC should have made it clear they can't have anything to do with him unless his appeal application is won and he is eventually declared innocent. Then Evans could play and they could have him, if they wanted and any chants directed towards him should be treated as a hate crime. Chanting "rapist" at someone who isn't should break the law. If in the meantime another club wanted to sign him then that's up to them and would resolve the situation.

Personally if he doesn't get an appeal and the chance to prove his innocence then there is little future working in an industry where public opinion would be so strong. If the issues costs the company business then they would get shut.... its business.

Evans is a convicted of Rapist found guilty by a Jury , he then appealed which failed. These are the facts of the case. No one who sings "Rapist" chants at him will be breaking any law, nor will they be slandering him.

I agree with you about sheffield united having nothing to do with this man . From a purely business point of view the club are severely damaging their brand and image by associating themselves with a convicted Rapist.

I don't usually go down the Conspiracy Theory line, but whats happening right now is not in S.U.F.Cs best interests,nor Mr Evans either. Some of the views spouted on here and other social media outlets do remind me of a certain political parties views about women. I dont know nothing about Mr Evans future father in-law but he seems to be bankrolling this whole circus from Cheds side of things. I just wonder what his political leanings are ? Are "dark forces" at work ?

Unfortunately everything stems from SUs failure to sever all links with Evans on the day of his conviction and imprisonment.

This is where they started to dig the hole for themselves due to lack of sound judgement, common sense, integrity and moral fibre.

It does appear that there was always the prospect of re signing Evans but SU chose to keep their heads down and say nothing until the matter was becoming a farce.

They 'tested the water' by allowing him to train but such was public concern that they had to provide some kind of statement by pushing NC forward to :-

1. Insult a concerned public by calling them a 'lynch mob'

2. Blaming the clubs decision to allow training on other organisations

A PR masterpiece.

And so it goes on with sponsors/backers distancing themselves and Sheffields top athlete receiving rape threats as SU continue to dig their hole.

Anything now is too little too late - even an apology would be transparently none genuine following the clubs conduct.

Unfortunately for genuine fans of this historic 'family' club I fear SU will end up with a fan base it deserves.

I can imagine the relish with which the unruly element will be looking forward to defending 'their' club with Ched chants etc etc.

SU has chosen a course of conduct resulting in all the above.

It would be interesting to know the reason why - surely it cannot be naivety.

I don't usually go down the Conspiracy Theory line, but whats happening right now is not in S.U.F.Cs best interests,nor Mr Evans either. Some of the views spouted on here and other social media outlets do remind me of a certain political parties views about women. I dont know nothing about Mr Evans future father in-law but he seems to be bankrolling this whole circus from Cheds side of things. I just wonder what his political leanings are ? Are "dark forces" at work ?

From Sheffield Forum's favourite newspaper:

Her father, Karl Massey, is a director of 11 companies, including jewellers Cottrills in Wilmslow. The family home is a £1.5 million property in Alderley Edge, close to the homes of Manchester United stars Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra.

Evans is a rapist, so what's your point?

Evans is a convicted of Rapist found guilty by a Jury , he then appealed which failed. These are the facts of the case. No one who sings "Rapist" chants at him will be breaking any law, nor will they be slandering him.

I agree with you about sheffield united having nothing to do with this man . From a purely business point of view the club are severely damaging their brand and image by associating themselves with a convicted Rapist.

I never said he wasn't a rapist. I was looking forward using both scenarios. One he was cleared. Two he wasn't. So I don't really understand where you're coming from.

PS Penistone, there has not been an appeal. It was refused. It didn't get that far.

Unfortunately everything stems from SUs failure to sever all links with Evans on the day of his conviction and imprisonment.

This is where they started to dig the hole for themselves due to lack of sound judgement, common sense, integrity and moral fibre.

It does appear that there was always the prospect of re signing Evans but SU chose to keep their heads down and say nothing until the matter was becoming a farce.

They 'tested the water' by allowing him to train but such was public concern that they had to provide some kind of statement by pushing NC forward to :-

A PR masterpiece.

And so it goes on with sponsors/backers distancing themselves and Sheffields top athlete receiving rape threats as SU continue to dig their hole.

Anything now is too little too late - even an apology would be transparently none genuine following the clubs conduct.

Unfortunately for genuine fans of this historic 'family' club I fear SU will end up with a fan base it deserves.

I can imagine the relish with which the unruly element will be looking forward to defending 'their' club with Ched chants etc etc.

Good post popeye,and yes its baffling to understand the reason why.

Perhaps the Blades were pinning all their hopes on Ched's return being the silver bullet that would power them out of minor-league mediocrity into the bigger leagues?

However, the whole episode has cost them so much respect and goodwill, I don't think the club will ever recover.

A PR masterpiece.

I wonder who, amongst the powers that be, within the club; is making the decision to retain an association with him? That view (to retain an association) is likely not a universal one, within the club. Should one or two bad eggs within the club, be allowed to bring the whole club down?

I wonder who, amongst the powers that be, within the club; is making the decision to retain an association with him? That view (to retain an association) is likely not a universal one, within the club. Should one or two bad eggs within the club, be allowed to bring the whole club down?

I think uniteds board are to P.R, what Hitler was to community cohesion !