Vile Twitter threats to Jess Ennis

Jess Ennis-Hill receives rape tweets over Ched Evans stance

Jessica Ennis-Hill has received rape tweets after saying she wants her name removed from a stand at Sheffield United if the club re-signs the striker.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/story/2014-11-14/jess-ennis-hill-receives-rape-tweets-over-ched-evans-stance/

Firstly it is vile the attacks against Jessica Ennis-Hill

However on the other hand unfortunately the criminal justice system released Ched Evans into society so why shouldnt he play for United. If people think he shouldnt then surely the problem rests with the judicial system, which I think is too lenient rather than United simply following the current rule of law that he is now able to participate in society.

Firstly it is vile the attacks against Jessica Ennis-Hill

However on the other hand unfortunately the criminal justice system released Ched Evans into society so why shouldnt he play for United. If people think he shouldnt then surely the problem rests with the judicial system, which I think is too lenient rather than United simply following the current rule of law that he is now able to participate in society.

I think the events of the past few days answers that,OK united wouldnt be breaking any laws by re/employing him,but is it really worth all the grief.[and he hasnt even signed yet]

I think the events of the past few days answers that,OK united wouldnt be breaking any laws by re/employing him,but is it really worth all the grief.[and he hasnt even signed yet]

I agree and if it happened to someone at Wednesday I would hope our management woudnt employ them and avoid the grief and hassle.

I agree and if it happened to someone at Wednesday I would hope our management woudnt employ them and avoid the grief and hassle.

I would think any club seeing the backlash [which was expected ] united have already had would stop any club employing him.[but someone surely will] but its a massive price to pay for some possible success.

I never said he wasn't a rapist. I was looking forward using both scenarios. One he was cleared. Two he wasn't. So I don't really understand where you're coming from.

PS Penistone, there has not been an appeal. It was refused. It didn't get that far.

Thats what i meant to say , my apologies .

This is turning into an interesting case, one where the community has managed to change the clubs stance. Before I thought it was inevitable that Utd would sign him, with even an agreement in place before Ched went to prison.

Now, it obvious to all that Utd can not sign Ched without it becoming a complete disaster for them.

Just to be clear there is going to be an appeal so this case is still open and on going.

As it stands now he is convicted off the offence but is appealing that conviction after serving his sentence, people who are using the "he hasn't apologised" line to strengthen there objection to him going back to his old job either haven't got a clue what they are talking about or don't care about the legal system of this country.

How can he apologise when he is fighting his conviction?.

Just to be clear there is going to be an appeal so this case is still open and on going.

As it stands now he is convicted off the offence but is appealing that conviction after serving his sentence, people who are using the "he hasn't apologised" line to strengthen there objection to him going back to his old job either haven't got a clue what they are talking about or don't care about the legal system of this country.

No you haven't cleared things up.

At the moment Ched's legal team have applied for an appeal and the courts are currently deciding whether an appeal would be appropriate. It's worth remembering that Ched's previous appeal application was turned down.

thats the biggest problem, the dumb ones who knows nothing shouts the loudest.