Vile Twitter threats to Jess Ennis

I don't think any club would sign him before any appeal. Some wouldn't even if he was found not guilty. It would be very much the other way around then. With the Evans supporters claiming he is innocent in law and those opposed saying the court ruling was wrong.

My feeling, all the way through, is that Utd know something about his "new evidence" and their layers have advised them that he has a good chance of winning his appeal.

This is why nobody at the club is making statements. They know something that we don't.

Did Sheffield United have secret evidence that Marlon King was innocent of sexual assault when they signed him?

Maybe the club just has no problem employing sexual predators, so long as they score goals of course.

My feeling, all the way through, is that Utd know something about his "new evidence" and their layers have advised them that he has a good chance of winning his appeal.

This is why nobody at the club is making statements. They know something that we don't.

Watch tomorrow's papers.

He's out on his arse.

Edited by cgksheff

Did Sheffield United have secret evidence that Marlon King was innocent of sexual assault when they signed him?

Maybe the club just has no problem employing sexual predators, so long as they score goals of course.

It's nice to hear from you again, it's been a while.

Watch tomorrow's papers.

He's out on his arse.

The club has handled it badly. They are going to look totally inept if he was to win an appeal now. They should have stated that they didn't want to sign him from the start. They have a lose lose now.

How can he have any control of that?.:loopy::loopy:.

As for his victim she was bragging on twitter directly after the case how she was going to get a pink mini and take her friends on holiday with her compensation claim.

Ched Evans has no control over the idiots on twitter.

He did have control over his own idiotic behaviour though.

The club are alienating their decent fans and playing into the hands of the knuckle draggers, if they now back down it looks like they have only done so after public condemnation, something they should have done months ago.

As a Blades fan, I was in favour of allowing him to return.

But after some fan's behaviour towards Ennis, he should stay away and I am starting to doubt whether to follow the club myself.

It was well known before the crime that Evans was not the brightest button. But it seems that many Blades fan share this level of intellect.

I remember at Wembley this year seeing a young lad, barely a teenager, with a Shoreham Boys t shirt on (we are here to &@£! your women and drink your beer). There are a group of fans with such disregard for women, as no doubt they struggle to maintain healthy relationships themselves.

The Twitter threats just sum up this group of Blades fans. Maybe a small group, and not representative of the good Blades fans, but the club needs to respond to this and not allowing Evans back will be the first step.

He did have control over his own idiotic behaviour though.

The club are alienating their decent fans and playing into the hands of the knuckle draggers, if they now back down it looks like they have only done so after public condemnation, something they should have done months ago.

This thread is about the twitter threats to Jessica Ennis and he had or has no control over that.

This thread is about the twitter threats to Jessica Ennis and he had or has no control over that.

He could issue a statement calling on his supporters to stop threatening people with rape.

Whilst he's at it he might also ask his supporters to stop persecuting his victim, or "the complainant" as his website refers to her.

As a Blades fan, I was in favour of allowing him to return.

But after some fan's behaviour towards Ennis, he should stay away and I am starting to doubt whether to follow the club myself.

It was well known before the crime that Evans was not the brightest button. But it seems that many Blades fan share this level of intellect.

I remember at Wembley this year seeing a young lad, barely a teenager, with a Shoreham Boys t shirt on (we are here to &@£! your women and drink your beer). There are a group of fans with such disregard for women, as no doubt they struggle to maintain healthy relationships themselves.

The Twitter threats just sum up this group of Blades fans. Maybe a small group, and not representative of the good Blades fans, but the club needs to respond to this and not allowing Evans back will be the first step.

I think this sums up the problem. There is a problem with the attitude some young men have towards women and Evans's views are typical... and wrong. Unfortunately SUFC are reinforcing the message by not disassociating from it and now we see SUFC young fans holding up Ched Evans banners, singing rape songs and threatening and abusing people who speak out.

I see SUFC have now issued a statement condemning those who have abused Jess but it is not enough. They need to get rid of Evans and make their position clear... the must say they deplore his views and they will not be tolerated at the club.

I see SUFC have now issued a statement condemning those who have abused Jess ...

It looks like the reports I read about United's statement going to be one totally shutting the door on him, were a bit off the mark.

It was also a bit presumptive of me to post expecting them to be true.