Vile Twitter threats to Jess Ennis

berty mee said to bill shankleeee have you heard of the famous highbureeee he said no I don't think so but I've heard of the SUFCEEEEE. A good song we used to sing on the cop, can't imagine what songs the away fans are gonna sing if united sign that repribate up, move on united you don't need him.:gag:

Jess has every right to say how she feels regarding the stadium named in her honour after her athletics success. If she wants her name removed if he plays then what's the big deal? It would simply be called something else.

Athletes live in a bubble with good people around them keeping them on track so to speak. Her world class discipline and principles are a role model for thousands of youngsters and she needs to protect her brand.

I hope those responsible for this sickening behaviour bringing Sheffield into disrepute are again made an example of and lessons learned.

The statement yesterday from United, that anyone found to have sent any of these hateful texts to Jess (or let's be right about it, anyone who's sent that kind of message to anyone on either side of this issue should also be tracked down and dealt with by the authorities) - will be banned from the Lane for life.

That's an understandable response and can be justified if the texts are containing threats to Jess - it does seem odd though that they would ban someone for life for such a message, and yet have someone who has been convicted of such an offensive crime training with the club (and potentially playing at Bramall Lane)...

Jess has every right to say how she feels regarding the stadium named in her honour after her athletics success. If she wants her name removed if he plays then what's the big deal? It would simply be called something else.

Athletes live in a bubble with good people around them keeping them on track so to speak. Her world class discipline and principles are a role model for thousands of youngsters and she needs to protect her brand.

I hope those responsible for this sickening behaviour bringing Sheffield into disrepute are again made an example of and lessons learned.

Athletes rely on sponsorship and prize money. Ennis has massive deals with Adidas and female beauty companies. Whilst Adidas would stay, the female beauty companies would end their sponsorship. She had no option but to speak out.

I'm absolutely stunned at the way some united fans have responded to this saga about Ched Evans...

What is it with them?

The United board are totally responsible for this farce for even thinking about taking back that player...

Poor Jessica Ennis, I hope the Police find the culprits and they get punished.

I have also just watched the local TV and they interviewed some United fans at Doncaster today and many fans can't understand what the problem is and they want Evans back playing for United.. WHY?

Would these same people want Evans back playing for United and earning mega bucks if he had raped their daughter or wife?

I don't think so..........

So here is a question to ALL United fans, would you still want Evans back if he'd raped your daughter or your wife?

It's an absolute disgrace that some fans feel that because its not their daughter or wife he's raped, then Evans is OK and he's not a bad person..

He hasn't even served his time for the crime and not apologised and shown no remorse..

If I was United player, I would refuse to play in the same team as him.

Because unfortunately the judicial system has released him. So once someone has served their sentence they should be allowed back into society to contribute. I personally think he should still be behind bars but my criticism is of the judicial process and not United.

Once someone has been released from prison under the rehabilitation of offenders they are allowed to be normal citizens and free to work. So do you think that someone whos released from prison should never work? If you do then surely the right thing to do would be to have life imprisonment. Once people are released they are allowed to vote get jobs and contribute to society.

The club is massively at fault here, why they would want to heap all this bad press on themselves is unreal, the first team are doing ok and are in a good position to kick on, they don't need Evans and the baggage he brings with him, they should distance themselves from him and his entourage immediately. Whether he is eventually cleared or not his actions on that night went someway in conceding promotion to the mighty Owls, good riddance.

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 13:00 ----------

Because unfortunately the judicial system has released him. So once someone has served their sentence they should be allowed back into society to contribute. I personally think he should still be behind bars but my criticism is of the judicial process and not United.

Once someone has been released from prison under the rehabilitation of offenders they are allowed to be normal citizens and free to work. So do you think that someone whos released from prison should never work? If you do then surely the right thing to do would be to have life imprisonment. Once people are released they are allowed to vote get jobs and contribute to society.

Would you be happy to have an unrepentant rapist in your place of work, how would your female members of staff feel about it!!

The club is massively at fault here, why they would want to heap all this bad press on themselves is unreal, the first team are doing ok and are in a good position to kick on, they don't need Evans and the baggage he brings with him, they should distance themselves from him and his entourage immediately. Whether he is eventually cleared or not his actions on that night went someway in conceding promotion to the mighty Owls, good riddance.

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 13:00 ----------

Would you be happy to have an unrepentant rapist in your place of work, how would your female members of staff feel about it!!

No but the law allows it thats the problem. I'm not agreeing with it but if we have a problem then we should be criticising the rehabilitation of offenders act and the judicial system. However United are right to employ him because according to the law he is allowed back into work.

its the law thats the problem United are simply opperating within it.

No but the law allows it thats the problem. I'm not agreeing with it but if we have a problem then we should be criticising the rehabilitation of offenders act and the judicial system. However United are right to employ him because according to the law he is allowed back into work.

its the law thats the problem United are simply opperating within it.

Piffle. United are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot. They should have fired him for bringing the club into disrepute the moment he was convicted. They have no one but themselves to blame.