Vile Twitter threats to Jess Ennis

This is something for higher powers than an individual football club to decide - it should have been part of his mid-term release that he wouldn't be allowed to play professional football again/until his full term is completed... the courts that imprisoned him didn't see fit to say he shouldn't be able to play professional football again... therefore leaving this vacuum for all the negative publicity to grow.

I wouldn't feel happy with a rapist being allowed back to my place of work, nor a multiple offender who has violently assaulted men either, or a convicted thief. I wonder what the other players have thought about this - and if they are all willing to have him back (some would've been there when CE was there before, so will know him well personally, most though are newcomers).

The PFA just seem to have washed their hands of it all, whereas as his trade union should surely have been advising him to lie low for a while (and perhaps educate him on what was likely to happen when he rejoined the outside world and how he should conduct himself), or at least go training somewhere less in the public eye.

As for United - the only really sensible course of action now is to come out and say that following the reaction over the last week, they have decided it's best for all parties if Evans trained at another club, and will inform the PFA as such. If and when he overturns his conviction, then he would potentially be considered again, but otherwise it is too damaging to the club and those around it to maintain this current stance.

Your attempts to link the Madine and Evans cases are laughable, I work in construction and I know many a lad who's been involved in fisticuffs after a few too many on a night out, I don't know of any who are rapists, I don't condone either act but one is in an entirely different ball park to the other, I personally hope Madine never plays for us again but at least he had the nous to make a public apology.

In November 2014, following his release from prison, it was announced that Evans would resume training with Sheffield United after the Professional Footballers' Association had requested that Sheffield United let Evans train at the club as they were his last club before his conviction.[55] The decision was controversial, and caused television presenter Charlie Webster and musician Dave Berry to resign as patrons of the club.[56][57] Athlete Jessica Ennis-Hill stated that she would want her name removed from a stand at Bramall Lane if Evans were signed by the club.[58]

The Football League stated that although they recognised the gravity of Evans' crime, they valued the reintegration of reformed criminals and could not take any action against any club which would hire Evans.[59] Sheffield United manager Nigel Clough said on 12 November that the club were "nowhere near" signing Evans, citing his 30 months out of the professional game and an important run of fixtures as reasons why a decision would not be taken immediately.[60] DBL Logistics, Sheffield United's sponsor on the back of their shirts, stated that they would end their sponsorship if Evans were signed by the club. John Holland Sales, who sponsor on the front of the shirts, declared that they would "re-evaluate" their relation to the club if he were signed.[61]

In November 2014, following his release from prison, it was announced that Evans would resume training with Sheffield United after the Professional Footballers' Association had requested that Sheffield United let Evans train at the club as they were his last club before his conviction.[55] The decision was controversial, and caused television presenter Charlie Webster and musician Dave Berry to resign as patrons of the club.[56][57] Athlete Jessica Ennis-Hill stated that she would want her name removed from a stand at Bramall Lane if Evans were signed by the club.[58]

The Football League stated that although they recognised the gravity of Evans' crime, they valued the reintegration of reformed criminals and could not take any action against any club which would hire Evans.[59] Sheffield United manager Nigel Clough said on 12 November that the club were "nowhere near" signing Evans, citing his 30 months out of the professional game and an important run of fixtures as reasons why a decision would not be taken immediately.[60] DBL Logistics, Sheffield United's sponsor on the back of their shirts, stated that they would end their sponsorship if Evans were signed by the club. John Holland Sales, who sponsor on the front of the shirts, declared that they would "re-evaluate" their relation to the club if he were signed.[61]

What is the point of your cut and paste? Is also bad extremely form not to reference the origin source.

Nothing wrong with that at all if the club had then stated that they had no intention of resigning him, they have and they still continue to muddy the waters by staying silent, they will become the most hated club in England if this carries on.

Nothing wrong with that at all if the club had then stated that they had no intention of resigning him, they have and they still continue to muddy the waters by staying silent, they will become the most hated club in England if this carries on.

Did you know Wednesday have had a serving prisoner training with them while on work release before?, a prisoner who had killed someone in a road accident.

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 14:07 ----------

What is the point of your cut and paste? Is also bad extremely form not to reference the origin source.

Sorry you don't like it but never mind.

This is something for higher powers than an individual football club to decide - it should have been part of his mid-term release that he wouldn't be allowed to play professional football again/until his full term is completed... the courts that imprisoned him didn't see fit to say he shouldn't be able to play professional football again... therefore leaving this vacuum for all the negative publicity to grow.

I wouldn't feel happy with a rapist being allowed back to my place of work, nor a multiple offender who has violently assaulted men either, or a convicted thief. I wonder what the other players have thought about this - and if they are all willing to have him back (some would've been there when CE was there before, so will know him well personally, most though are newcomers).

The PFA just seem to have washed their hands of it all, whereas as his trade union should surely have been advising him to lie low for a while (and perhaps educate him on what was likely to happen when he rejoined the outside world and how he should conduct himself), or at least go training somewhere less in the public eye.

As for United - the only really sensible course of action now is to come out and say that following the reaction over the last week, they have decided it's best for all parties if Evans trained at another club, and will inform the PFA as such. If and when he overturns his conviction, then he would potentially be considered again, but otherwise it is too damaging to the club and those around it to maintain this current stance.

True, the courts didn't say exactly that and nor should they but I don't think the judge expected Evans to carry on where he left off. The BBC reported him as saying "You have thrown away the successful career in which you were involved" before he sent him down.

It's not that I don't like the subject of your post, but it's wrong when you can't be bothered to write your own posts, and you just cut and paste a couple of paragraphs from wikipedia.

Why is it wrong?, many people cut and paste or provide links anyway deal with the subject and not me, feel free to ignore anymore posts that bother you in this way.

Did you know Wednesday have had a serving prisoner training with them while on work release before?, a prisoner who had killed someone in a road accident.

---------- Post added 16-11-2014 at 14:07 ----------

Sorry you don't like it but never mind.

No but I suppose you will enlighten me!!