Vile Twitter threats to Jess Ennis

I would agree with that. There is no room for serious criminals at football clubs who are supported by young people.

The Evans issue though, I feel, is not about this. There are a significant amount of people who think he's innocent. So in effect they could agree with my first paragraph but still lobby for his return.

This issue is ignored. Nobody is defending a rapist, they don't think he is a rapist. There is a vast difference.

But you are defending a rapist, a man who after receiving a text message that his mate had "Got a bird" lied his way into a hotel room, raped a black out drunk woman who was in no position to consent and then sneaked out via the fire escape.

You keep mentioning the King issue. Also an undesirable. But this case has raised public opinion to a different level, because many people think he's innocent. Including the club.

So did they think Marlon King was innocent as well or what?

If so then why did they think King was innocent?

If not then why do you keep on insisting that the club must think Evans is innocent when they had no problem employing a guilty King?

You keep mentioning the King issue. Also an undesirable. But this case has raised public opinion to a different level, because many people think he's innocent. Including the club.

The club has been very careful not to pass any comment on the verdict and to disassociate itself from his attempt to clear his name so where is your evidence for what the club thinks?

But you are defending a rapist, a man who after receiving a text message that his mate had "Got a bird" lied his way into a hotel room, raped a black out drunk woman who was in no position to consent and then sneaked out via the fire escape.

So did they think Marlon King was innocent as well or what?

If so then why did they think King was innocent?

If not then why do you keep on insisting that the club must think Evans is innocent when they had no problem employing a guilty King?

Sorry but you are misinformed. The girl wasn't drunk. Watch this video of her entering the hotel. Now I used to drink a few in my time. So some of this would be impossible for someone who was on the verge of being passed out.... To walk in high heels, unaided, crouch and pick a box up and then walk again... without so much of a wobble would be impossible if drunk.. never mind on the verge of collapse.

Incidentally, it was indeed Evans' hotel room. He paid for it and booked it for MacDonald. That is why he was given entry. They checked the payment was the same as the card he had...

It is an interesting case, for someone like me who likes studying court cases... I feel he is innocent, reading all the stuff and viewing the video tape the girl is lying if she said she had enough to drink that it made her lose her memory... Anyway this is the video.

http://www.chedevans.com/judge-for-yourself

The Evans issue though, I feel, is not about this. There are a significant amount of people who think he's innocent. So in effect they could agree with my first paragraph but still lobby for his return.

This issue is ignored. Nobody is defending a rapist, they don't think he is a rapist. There is a vast difference.

There might be a substantial number of people who think having sex in the same circumstances as he did shouldn't be classed as rape but the courts disagree. They are defending someone who's actions the law defines as rape therefore they are defending a rapist.

Evans and those defending him don't get to decide what rape is.

A Blade of 43 years, I am appalled by the stance United are taking on Evans, and the lifetime ban for tweet abuse is actually correct in my view but the comparison that it raises with their stance on Evans is staggering.

My view - Evans has no place at United. He let us down in a big way professionally and morally, and after that the way this has been handled by the board is inept.

It could be argued that their lack of firm positioning has brought about the divide we now have between fans, and is at least in part to blame for where the club finds itself now.

I utterly support Jessica, Charlotte Webster and all who have taken a positive stance against Evans returning. I hope that more turn their backs in time and send a tougher message.

Carry on United - I had always hoped we would get worldwide coverage and you've gone and done it - just not the right way. It's time to get a grip and make the decision to lose any link with Evans and start us moving in the right direction again.

In November 2014, following his release from prison, it was announced that Evans would resume training with Sheffield United after the Professional Footballers' Association had requested that Sheffield United let Evans train at the club as they were his last club before his conviction.[55] The decision was controversial, and caused television presenter Charlie Webster and musician Dave Berry to resign as patrons of the club.[56][57] Athlete Jessica Ennis-Hill stated that she would want her name removed from a stand at Bramall Lane if Evans were signed by the club.[58]

The Football League stated that although they recognised the gravity of Evans' crime, they valued the reintegration of reformed criminals and could not take any action against any club which would hire Evans.[59] Sheffield United manager Nigel Clough said on 12 November that the club were "nowhere near" signing Evans, citing his 30 months out of the professional game and an important run of fixtures as reasons why a decision would not be taken immediately.[60] DBL Logistics, Sheffield United's sponsor on the back of their shirts, stated that they would end their sponsorship if Evans were signed by the club. John Holland Sales, who sponsor on the front of the shirts, declared that they would "re-evaluate" their relation to the club if he were signed.[61]

What on earth are those numbers for?

Did you know Wednesday have had a serving prisoner training with them while on work release before?, a prisoner who had killed someone in a road accident.

And???? Are they threatening to kill and rape Jessica? After all thats what this thread is about :huh:

That's my point. It would be very bad, financially and morally for the club to sign him again... especially now they know what sort of backlash they would get.

Unless they know something we don't.

I only know what others know, with the information available. So its just my opinion.

The case rests on two basic principles. The girl lied. The men lied.

There is no evidence to prove the girl was raped because she claims she can't remember anything because she was drunk. But the video shows she clearly wasn't drunk.

Both men admit having sex with her. The girl claims she can't remember any of it. There was no DNA. Signs of violence (apart from the alleged rape of course) and the concierge listened at the door and only heard the girl making noises of pleasure...

And yet after hearing all the claims made by Evans's side, and those made by the prosecution, the court decided he was guilty.

Who do you think is likely to provide a more reliable conclusion as to what happened, the court or the site you linked to earlier that describes itself as "The official Ched Evans website. This website is the only official representation for Ched and the content is managed by his friends and family."?

Sorry but you are misinformed. The girl wasn't drunk. Watch this video of her entering the hotel. Now I used to drink a few in my time. So some of this would be impossible for someone who was on the verge of being passed out.... To walk in high heels, unaided, crouch and pick a box up and then walk again... without so much of a wobble would be impossible if drunk.. never mind on the verge of collapse.

Incidentally, it was indeed Evans' hotel room. He paid for it and booked it for MacDonald. That is why he was given entry. They checked the payment was the same as the card he had...

It is an interesting case, for someone like me who likes studying court cases... I feel he is innocent, reading all the stuff and viewing the video tape the girl is lying if she said she had enough to drink that it made her lose her memory... Anyway this is the video.

Then you obviously know just how difficult a rape case is to bring to court,let alone reach a unanimous guilty verdict,im pretty sure there was more evidence than the video tape.Anyway we should proberly get back on topic.

I thought that the court passed judgement that the girl was too drunk to consent? Have you offered you legal services to Ched, because according to your opinion he'd have been free if you had represented him.