Watch Battery Replacement

Snick

You have "good quality watches" but want cheap batteries ??

Welcome to Sheffield, where people demand quality, but don't want to pay for it :D

The risk with cheaper batteries is that they may not last as long and may be more prone to leakage when empty, potentially ruining the watch

" Stone The Crows " on Cambridge St.

I've used these a couple of times. Friendly service, reasonable prices, and can do minor repairs too.

Watch hospital at Meadowhell take all my watches there

They quoted me £8 to replace a watch battery, and £18 to replace a battery and reseal a waterproof watch! The watch wasn't worth much more than that!

There's also a watch repair counter in Atkinsons on The Moor.

That place that Buble mentioned in Atkinsons is great. They're careful, inexpensive, and always have a kind word.

Thank you, I might try them in future. Are they the people who used to own the little jewellers shop inside T J Hughes. . . I have no idea where they went :huh:

I got so sick of paying out what seemed like extortionate prices to have watch batteries replaced and the watch resealed, I even tried a few automatics but I was never quite satisfied with the watch in general. Until I tried Citizen Eco-Drive, Wow they are amazing, so good I bought my wife, Daughter and my mother Eco-Drive, no more batteries, no adjusting for British summertime as it also works from the Atomic Clock and constantly updating. If left in a drawer they will remain working for a further 4 months Minimum, and when required just wear them as normal and they self re-charge from sunlight.

The money I have saved on replacement batteries and re-sealing over the last couple of years has now justified the extra cost of the Eco-Drive watches