Religion on tv ?

Because there ISNT a relevant part. I didnt read it because I have suffered the JW BS too often in my past to be bothered with reading yet more of it

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 15:05 ----------

Isnt that just the standard JW approach?

Isn't it the standard approach by any religion?

Because there ISNT a relevant part. I didnt read it because I have suffered the JW BS too often in my past to be bothered with reading yet more of it

Isnt that just the standard JW approach?

I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he, for once, might deliver (there's still time, Kingdom).

you need to read on ....the key to understanding much of the bible like Genesis is that it was written as though seen by a man .

I got through all of it. A pretty poor defense of Genesis if you ask me.

The part trying to waffle about how god could have created day and night before the earth had form on the first day and yet not create the "greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night" until day 4 is pretty laughable.

As is their denial of evolution when they try and argue (dishonestly too, they try to imply that their view on this is backed by modern scientific research) that variation by natural selection only occurs within already existing different 'kinds' of animal.

Also, here's a quick list I made of scientific inaccuracies in genesis that your literature didn't even attempt to address:

1. Genesis has land vegetation coming into existence before life in the oceans. In fact life on land is relatively pretty new, it was just in the ocean for a few billion years first.
  2. It has birds existing before land animals. Nope, birds were beat in the race to existence by reptiles, amphibians and even mammals by a hundred million years and more.
  3. It has mankind as being made separately from the other animals in "god's image", when actually, we're just another primate species, and all animals on earth are our long lost cousins if we go back far enough.

That's 3 to be getting on with for now. I'm pretty confident I could spot a couple more though. And that's not even counting the fact that the bible has more than one account of genesis and they aren't even consistent with each other let alone modern science.

Edited by flamingjimmy

Why not just share the information you have instead of leading people on?

thats what i did , i dont understand what you are getting upset about ?

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 12:10 ----------

I got through all of it. A pretty poor defense of Genesis if you ask me.

The part trying to waffle about how god could have created day and night before the earth had form on the first day and yet not create the "greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night" until day 4 is pretty laughable.

As is their denial of evolution when they try and argue (dishonestly too, they try to imply that their view on this is backed by modern scientific research) that variation by natural selection only occurs within already existing different 'kinds' of animal.

Also, here's a quick list I made of scientific inaccuracies in genesis that your literature didn't even attempt to address:

1. Genesis has land vegetation coming into existence before life in the oceans. In fact life on land is relatively pretty new, it was just in the ocean for a few billion years first.
  2. It has birds existing before land animals. Nope, birds were beat in the race to existence by reptiles, amphibians and even mammals by a hundred million years and more.
  3. It has mankind as being made separately from the other animals in "god's image", when actually, we're just another primate species, and all animals on earth are our long lost cousins if we go back far enough.

That's 3 to be getting on with for now. I'm pretty confident I could spot a couple more though. And that's not even counting the fact that the bible has more than one account of genesis and they aren't even consistent with each other let alone modern science.

your figures are based on carbon dating , i suggest you research the accuracy of carbon dating its not as accurate as we are led to believe

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 12:23 ----------

sorry i should have said , do you get your times scales by carbon dating of fossils ?

your figures are based on carbon dating , i suggest you research the accuracy of carbon dating its not as accurate as we are led to believe

sorry i should have said , do you get your times scales by carbon dating of fossils ?

Given that birds evolved from land based animals and land based animals evolved from sea based animals then carbon dating is irrelevant... nor is it the only way to date a fossil.

jb

Let's get to basics

How old do you believe Earth to be and what evidence do you base it on?

I mean specific information.

If you have proof that the Bible is "scientifically accurate" you would be able to directly quote or copy/paste a relevant sentence, paragraph or group of paragraphs.

If I make a claim which I know to be true, I will give clear evidence of such and provide an explanation along side it.

To be so vague and ambiguous about how you disclose your 'evidence' just portrays you as disingenuous.

At the very least you could say "From page X up to page Y" so we at least know roughly which area this evidence will be waiting in for us to discover, if we're lucky.

I should have brought my evidence divining rods.

Given that birds evolved from land based animals and land based animals evolved from sea based animals then carbon dating is irrelevant... nor is it the only way to date a fossil.

jb

ok can you provide proof that birds evolved from land based animals ? something i can research for myself ?