Religion on tv ?

I don't understand this thread, there are quite a number of religious channels on tv already.

It's a member of the Jehovah's witness's using this website for free advertising.

They are aware as you are that there are plenty of religious channels on tv these days, but they've chosen (dishonestly) to pretend that they're not aware so as to attempt to start a discussion of their new tv channel.

Obviously it's pretty dodgy because Christians aren't supposed to be deceptive like that but hey, whatever gets bums on chairs in their churches.

It's a member of the Jehovah's witness's using this website for free advertising.

They are aware as you are that there are plenty of religious channels on tv these days, but they've chosen (dishonestly) to pretend that they're not aware so as to attempt to start a discussion of their new tv channel.

Obviously it's pretty dodgy because Christians aren't supposed to be deceptive like that but hey, whatever gets bums on chairs in their churches.

I dunno, it's more than obvious that the OP is trying to promote their favourite religious channel but I don't think he/she claimed (or implied) to be unaware that there are plenty of religious channels on TV.

EDIT: Although I doubt he/she simply "came across" the JW channel

Edited by RootsBooster

If it stops them from knocking on my door, I'm all for it.

I find religious TV quite funny usually.

Will it have the production values of Zee and Sheffield Live?

It depends what type of religious programme it is.

I used to watch An Island Parish occasionally which was on for quite a long time, but that was more of a documentary mainly about the parish priest and day to day lives of the Roman Catholic community living on the Isle of Barra in the Hebrides.

I don't usually watch Songs of Praise, but decided to yesterday after reading about the revamp and changes introduced into the new series.

Instead of only hymn singing there was much more variety such as interviews with people telling their own life experiences. There was an interview with the family of Ann Maguire the teacher who was stabbed to death by the pupil, and a family from Syria who had come here to escape persecution talking about the suffering they had experienced.

Also they had a man who despite being born with only one hand had become a talented concert pianist, his classical piano playing was remarkable!

The programme (though remaining Christian) is more inclusive of all faiths which is what it should be.

Edited by janie48

what are your opinions on religion on tv ? i came accross the new tv channel which Jehovahs witness have launched , opinions ?

http://www.tv.jw.org

Im sure my package contains the god channel, so surely thats the only one you need?

---------- Post added 17-11-2014 at 13:31 ----------

Whilst they should be permitted to broadcast, it shouldn't be until after the watershed.

We already have enough children that believe the Abrahamic stories to be factual instead of myth, we can't have this number increasing.

Adults are mature enough to make up their own minds, children are easily fooled.

Well Im sure that children will be rivetted to a religious channel so dont worry yourself on their part :)

http://www.jw.org is the website any more info pm me :)

I wouldnt hold you breath if i were you :)

BTW will the channel knock on your TV just as you are sitting down to eat?

---------- Post added 17-11-2014 at 13:35 ----------

I didnt think that the JW were christians in that AFAIK they dont actually believe in christ?? I thought that they were just a sect?

I wouldnt hold you breath if i were you :)

BTW will the channel knock on your TV just as you are sitting down to eat?

---------- Post added 17-11-2014 at 13:35 ----------

I didnt think that the JW were christians in that AFAIK they dont actually believe in christ?? I thought that they were just a sect?

Some stuff... http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/believe-in-jesus/