Band Aid 2014 - Ebola - Have you bought it?

Geldof first and now Bono.

I somehow get the impression you're one of those anti-Irish Glaswegians.

Or just someone who can't bear to see someone who has the heart and compassion to do something for someone else without reward maybe............. just a thought.;)

Edited by Daven

Or just someone who can't bear to see someone who has the heart and compassion to do something for someone else without reward maybe............. just a thought.;)
At first I was going to type "one of those tight fisted Glaswegians" but thought I'd better not.:hihi:

Bob was thanking Simon Cowell on Sunday for letting him showcase the song.

Very upsetting footage followed.

The sickening thing is that Cowell could probably stop Ebola single handed if he gave a portion of his fortune.

No he couldn't.

Bill Gates maybe,but it would certainly take a lot more than Cowell's wealth to stop Ebola.

No he couldn't.

Bill Gates maybe,but it would certainly take a lot more than Cowell's wealth to stop Ebola.

And in fairness to bill gates he does do a lot of charitable works - not by donating to this charity or that, or a special Christmas edition of windows 3.1 but by hiring a bunch of doctors and nurses, flying them to wherever to inoculate and treat people.

And in fairness to bill gates he does do a lot of charitable works - not by donating to this charity or that, or a special Christmas edition of windows 3.1 but by hiring a bunch of doctors and nurses, flying them to wherever to inoculate and treat people.

I know he does,I read a few years ago that when he stepped down from Microsoft,him and his wife were going to dedicate their time to the Gates foundation.

Well done!,to that absurdly stinking rich man(and missus):thumbsup:

The point is...without the need for being pedantic...

If, and its a big if, everyone in the uk downloaded the single then it would raise at most a tenth of the money needed to stop ebola in its tracks.

If six people as rich as cowell put just half their fortune in the pot the disease would be gone.

I think anyone could manage to live on a paltry £150 million without taxing the poor.

I'm not saying don't buy the single. Of course it's a good cause. But be under no illusions. The people that are asking for your hard earned cash could stop it all tomorrow and still be very wealthy.