Band Aid 2014 - Ebola - Have you bought it?

Geldof said himself that he doesn't ever have Adele's number, let alone call her numerous times. He asked her management what she was up to, they said she isn't taking anything on right now, and that was it. Just thought I'd add that :-)
Geldof is indulging in this renewed charity fascism.

The linked Telegraph opinion piece is quoting him and that end comment of his "she’s bringing up a family, you know” is completely unnecessary and very clearly creates a sniding context for the preceding statements of facts. It's public shaming and peer pressuring.

It's in the same spirit as this new "opt you in by default into making a charitable donation at the fuel pump" fashion that started recently in supermarket petrol stations. Watch out for that one (if you haven't already), btw.

Geldof is indulging in this renewed charity fascism.

The linked Telegraph opinion piece is quoting him and that end comment of his "she’s bringing up a family, you know” is completely unnecessary and very clearly creates a sniding context for the preceding statements of facts. It's public shaming and peer pressuring.

It's in the same spirit as this new "opt you in by default into making a charitable donation at the fuel pump" fashion that started recently in supermarket petrol stations. Watch out for that one (if you haven't already), btw.

Yeah, there's just something about him, can't quite put my finger on it, but really strongly dislike him.

shouldn't they have done a 'Do they know it's Ramadan' so the Muslim parts of Africa don't feel left out?:thumbsup:

Feed the World

Do they know its Ram A Dan

Feed the World

Let them know its Ram A Dan

I dont know about you guys but i like it. Far more catchy than the original lol

Yeah, there's just something about him, can't quite put my finger on it, but really strongly dislike him.
He swears too much, can be arrogant, conceited, scornful and downright nasty sometimes, but is he all that bad? I don't think he is.

I also think his concern for those in great suffering is genuine, whatever other people think.

He swears too much, can be arrogant, conceited, scornful and downright nasty sometimes, but is he all that bad? I don't think he is.

I also think his concern for those in great suffering is genuine, whatever other people think.

He should donate some cold hard cash then if he cares so much. Him and his friend, the one with the aversion to paying tax, Bono should dig deep and thank the Africans for the good theyve done for their careers and they should say with a torrent of cash. They can afford it.

He should donate some cold hard cash then if he cares so much. Him and his friend, the one with the aversion to paying tax, Bono should dig deep and thank the Africans for the good theyve done for their careers and they should say with a torrent of cash. They can afford it.
What makes you so sure they aren't donating, do you think everyone who donates money to a charitable cause should let everyone know they are doing so?