Paul Heaton announces resignation..

speedy69

It was the PFA who said he could train with United so get all your facts right Aaron ... I agree United could have and should have dealt with this mess a whole lot better but for me these patrons can do one....

I am a Blade for life and will support and follow Sheffield United until I draw my last breath

Very level headed of you. Let me ask you, if the Blades were implicated in a paedophile ring would you still love them so much?

Can anyone say what these 'patrons' did apart from get free tickets?

Im yet to make my mind up about the whole ched thing but im paying less and less attention to these people now- why make a big thing of it- just rind up the club and say your not a patron anymore, why make a big thing of it unless its for the publicity.

The word patron has four definitions these two are the most relevant in this case. You are clearly aware of 1. but need to read 2. meaning those tickets are very likely far from free.

1. a person who is a customer, client, or paying guest, especially a regular one, of a store, hotel, or the like.

2. a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement

Very level headed of you. Let me ask you, if the Blades were implicated in a paedophile ring would you still love them so much?

Well you reply started off quite good and then got very silly.

I have followed Sheffield United all over England and since I emigrated I only get back for big matches hence you see GLORY HUNTER under my name because the last 2 matches I came back for where the Play-off final vs Huddersfield and the FA Cup semi final vs Hull City...

Been back so many times I forget but remember doing Ipswich on a Tuesday night and came back when we beat the owls 3-1 at the Lane and the Liverpool away Carling Cup semi final.

Also was back for Barnsley at home and Reading away so its not all glory hunting LOL

Got a few Blades tattoos and so BLADE FOR LIFE not just for Wembley and when I became a Blade it was through thick and thin even though its been mostly thin , you don't just give up on your club the same way owls fans didn't when Madine was being an idiot and chucking his fists about or having forgotten what its like to see them score a goal.

And before anyone starts , no the 2 crimes aren't even remotely close but hopefully the sensible posters know what im getting at.

I have followed Sheffield United all over England and since I emigrated I only get back for big matches hence you see GLORY HUNTER under my name because the last 2 matches I came back for where the Play-off final vs Huddersfield and the FA Cup semi final vs Hull City...

Been back so many times I forget but remember doing Ipswich on a Tuesday night and came back when we beat the owls 3-1 at the Lane and the Liverpool away Carling Cup semi final.

Also was back for Barnsley at home and Reading away so its not all glory hunting LOL

Got a few Blades tattoos and so BLADE FOR LIFE not just for Wembley and when I became a Blade it was through thick and thin even though its been mostly thin , you don't just give up on your club the same way owls fans didn't when Madine was being an idiot and chucking his fists about or having forgotten what its like to see them score a goal.

And before anyone starts , no the 2 crimes aren't even remotely close but hopefully the sensible posters know what im getting at.

I do think the current sufc have done a lot of damage to the club and it could so easily get worse [but thats for another thread]but i totally agree that "you dont just give up on your club"

So where are we on the paedophile ring? Would that put you off being a Blade?

---------- Post added 18-11-2014 at 16:43 ----------

I do think the current sufc have done a lot of damage to the club and it could so easily get worse [but thats for another thread]but i totally agree that "you dont just give up on your club"

Its not your club though. I hate to do this but i have to. Its a business. Hopefully a profitable one. If UTD or the Owls for that matter were offered a blank cheque book with no limit what so ever on the condition they uproot an d move to another city, they would. Loyalty is only for the fans and only a few at that. I loved going to see Wednesday back in the day but i grew out of it. I moved on which was made easier by the way Wednesday treated Big Ron. I hated them for that. I guess thats when i cut the cord as it were. I still like to see both Sheffield teams do well but i do find this over the top loyalty thing a bit of a bore. Their aim is to get to the Prem, get into Europe, Wind cups. Not for the fans but for the money :)