Worst Road Surface In Sheffield??

old tup

everywhere other than the resurfaced areas seems to be an absolute shambles at the moment. i am going to start getting my garage to just bill my annual broken spring straight to the council.

my american relatives were *horrified* at the state of our roads in relation to the tax we pay.

There are some really bad ones around the side streets in Neepsend and the Cliffe but tend to be industrial areas.

Just near the island at the bottom of Bellhouse (adjacent to Church) the road has broken up altogether, had to steer around it today.

Driving from Oughtibridge to Stocksbridge there are some sections where you have to weave your car over the road to get around some of the giant pot-holes. Wharncliffe Side was particularly bad, thankfully they did patch some up last weekend but they seem to fill one and 3 more open up nearby!

Had to fork out for new shocks, 2 new tyres and a driver window last year because of the crappy road surface!

• 2 weeks later...

With the recent snow and ice i have noticed EVERY road i drive on in Sheffield has potholes, even the recently resurfaced ones.

I think the DVLA should introduce a new part for the hazard perception test on how to spot and avoid potholes safely.

I'm getting really fed up of pothole's now, it's a running joke with me and my work colleagues on how many potholes we see on our drive to work and whoever has the most wins.