Worst Road Surface In Sheffield??

old tup

Little London Road, as it approaches the junction with Woodseats Road. I regularly worry about drowning in one of the potholes when it's been raining heavily.

I think the whole bit from before reaching the railway bridge to Woodseats Rd is a nightmare. Great shortcut but in a sports car it really is no fun! I think it's down for 2017 for resurfacing :/

I think the whole bit from before reaching the railway bridge to Woodseats Rd is a nightmare. Great shortcut but in a sports car it really is no fun! I think it's down for 2017 for resurfacing :/

Agreed. It really doesn't help the experience that every few weeks the bit by the bridge gets dug up by Yorkshire Water. Presumably connected to that the streetlights around the bridge no longer work, so it's even worse after dusk.

Unfortunately, if it's going to continue to be dug up so often I can't see the new surface lasting very long.

Deerlands Avenue and Hartley Brook Road.

Hartley brook road is awful, absolutely smashes the van to bits going up there, also the road from crookes to fulwood is bad, been up both today.

A lot of roads in Roth/Sheffield are in a bad way.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or has the quality of Sheffield's roads got absolutely appalling lately?

Travelling on the A61 from city centre on London Rd/Chesterfield Rd through Woodseats every day, and the inner ring road between Shoreham St/Ecclesall road junctions, there are potholes everywhere and in places the entire top layer of the road has come off.

Makes me fear for the safety of my tyres/suspension, and my teeth, surely it's not supposed to be like an offroad course. Want to get some fancy wheels on my car but may put it off until they re-lay it all (guess I might be waiting a long time! :D)

Is it worth putting a complaint into the council or am I wasting my time doing it during winter?