John Lewis returns

Is this a thinly-disguised "I'm hiring a 55" flatscreen for the Xmas period free of charge" query?

RicherSounds' 5-year warranty is at least as good as John Lewis' one. And you get your premium back in full if you don't use it.

I did consider R/S, the model I'm interested in, is in store only, so no free delivery, , and no, I am just not sure how much better a new model would be than the one I have now, its a lot of money to spend.

They're good about unopened items, but not so sure about "I just didn't like it" returns.

Does anyone else have a bad impression of the John Lewis in Sheffield? I love John Lewis in general, and because of my work I travel a lot and often visit ones in other cities. The staff in most of the other stores, e.g. Liverpool, Chesterfield, Oxford Street London, all seem more knowledgeable and customer service oriented. The ones in Sheffield too often seem like it's too much bother to help.

I did consider R/S, the model I'm interested in, is in store only, so no free delivery, , and no, I am just not sure how much better a new model would be than the one I have now, its a lot of money to spend.

And the in store only actually means we don't have it and have no idea when we will have it...

They're good about unopened items, but not so sure about "I just didn't like it" returns.

Does anyone else have a bad impression of the John Lewis in Sheffield? I love John Lewis in general, and because of my work I travel a lot and often visit ones in other cities. The staff in most of the other stores, e.g. Liverpool, Chesterfield, Oxford Street London, all seem more knowledgeable and customer service oriented. The ones in Sheffield too often seem like it's too much bother to help.

To be fair I have always found them to be good.