Jeremy Vine caught speeding (on a Bicycle)

Absolutely, I've no idea, hence my disclaimers of "I don't know the detail and I wasn't there" and "if on the other hand .... I would change my view".

I'll make it clearer for you - IF it was a busy pedestrianised area and he was doing 16mph, then morally he should be done. If no-one else was around, then there is no problem. Is that now clear, and would you agree or disagree?

You can be nailed for an offence of "cycling furiously" as defined in the 1847 Town Police Clauses Act.

Quite what furious means is as ever going to open to interpretation. Presumably swearing in the presence of a copper doesn't make you furious, or the Met forgot about it when going after the Chief Whip....

Well he was clocked by police (with a speed gun!!) doing sixteen miles anhour in a five miles an hour Zone. the only trouble is that there was no speed signs (so he says). I dont know if he received a ticket or not:suspect:

They should give him a lie test,take a DNA sample and send him to a social worker who will help him to be rehabilitated back into decent society.

This story hust makes me laugh. Again a clear sign of the narrow mindedness of government in the UK.

The solution is really straightforward, introduce a cycle exclusion zone, where cyclists are barred from using their bike and having to walk, bike in hand, making them pedestrians.

A speed limit is useless, how many cyclists have a speedometer?

This story hust makes me laugh. Again a clear sign of the narrow mindedness of government in the UK.

The solution is really straightforward, introduce a cycle exclusion zone, where cyclists are barred from using their bike and having to walk, bike in hand, making them pedestrians.

A speed limit is useless, how many cyclists have a speedometer?

So its ok for motorists to be nailed for speeding, but when its one of the two wheeled lunatics it should be ignored purely because they are a cyclist. ?

16mph is moderately fast, you've no idea if that was appropriate for the conditions or not, so why do you think he was morally in the wrong?

16 mph is easily enough to cause a serious injury to a pedestrian in a park. He shouldn't be doing it.

I'm not sure why you are defending his actions. If he wants to cycle at that speed, the road is the place, not a park.

I'd have nicked him for offences against broadcasting anyway. He is the least talented of the brothers.

So its ok for motorists to be nailed for speeding, but when its one of the two wheeled lunatics it should be ignored purely because they are a cyclist. ?

You make me laugh, completely ignoring the point I make and giving it your own twist, as usual.

Like the new avatar though.

16 mph is easily enough to cause a serious injury to a pedestrian in a park. He shouldn't be doing it.

Says who or what? Not the law.

I'm not sure why you are defending his actions. If he wants to cycle at that speed, the road is the place, not a park.

Because he was commuting to work and staying out of the busy London traffic, where many cyclists are killed :huh:

'That speed' - on another thread motorists are complaining that 20mph is impossible to stick to and he wasn't even achieving that.