Entrepreneur or a bit of a scallywag?

I've never bought a copy of the DM in my life....and don't read any others for that matter.

it's not old cliches....Kids can't play out like they used to...Like I remember I could....I remember a thread on here discussing the merits (or not) of the dangers of pictures being taken of children.....etc...etc....So it's not in my imagination....or a cliche.

Your point of view as been shared by prior generations ad infinitum. The fact is that the streets are actually safer now than they ever have been.

That's a valid point. Has this kid declared his income to HMRC?

jb

am sure with all the publicity the full force of her majesty revenue and customs are descending on his home as we speak!! lets hope he managed to get his funds offshore and scuttle the paperwork trail!:hihi:

am sure with all the publicity the full force of her majesty revenue and customs are descending on his home as we speak!! lets hope he managed to get his funds offshore and scuttle the paperwork trail!:hihi:

If he is wise he'll off shore Scallwags Limited to a tax haven and use all his profits to pay the licensing for the brand name.

jb

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/schoolboy-who-made-14000-selling-sweets-now-set-to-make-150000-from-lucozade-bottle-on-ebay-9879302.html

That can't be right, can it? I've lost my respect for the kid now, now he's just taking the ****.

You do understand how an auction works right? He hasn't set the price.

Why would you lose respect for someone who signs a lucozade bottle and puts it on eBay?

You do understand how an auction works right? He hasn't set the price.

Why would you lose respect for someone who signs a lucozade bottle and puts it on eBay?

More to the point...

...why would you ever have respect in the first place for someone who apparently constantly breaks the rules? :huh:

Anyone can achieve limited 'success' by doing their own thing with little regard for others.

Respect should be reserved for those that achieve success by working within the rules, no matter how stupid we may feel those rules are. :)

More to the point...

...why would you ever have respect in the first place for someone who apparently constantly breaks the rules? :huh:

Anyone can achieve limited 'success' by doing their own thing with little regard for others.

Respect should be reserved for those that achieve success by working within the rules, no matter how stupid we may feel those rules are. :)

I'm sure Emily Pankhurst stuck rigidly to the rules too...which is why she's so respected....and probably thousands of other people who rigidly stuck to the 'rules' :huh:

BTW...Hello Mr B.. :wave: