Fake Gumtree email

I used Gumtree for the first time recently. I was trying to sell my car.

I had as many scammers as genuine replies, so yes, beware. I wouldn't use Gumtree ever again and I sold my car through eBay in the end.

I was trying to buy one and there were more scammers than genuine sellers!! IF SOMETHING LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - IT DEFINITELY IS ON THERE!!

I had people asking me to pay up front and they would send vehicle for my inspection and if I wasn't satisfied they would return money! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I had people asking me to pay up front and they would send vehicle for my inspection and if I wasn't satisfied they would return money! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Only marginally more scurrilous than the van I looked at last week (with a view to buying it). We rang to arrange to view it and when we got there, the engine was already running. The seller said the battery had 'gone a bit low' from the van standing for 2 weeks. (Yeah, right). He said we could take it for a drive as long as we didn't stall it (:loopy:) At that point we turned the engine off and (unsurprisingly) it failed to start again. The man became extremely bad-tempered and foul mouthed and said we'd have to pay more than the advertised price if we wanted it, as he'd have to 'get it going again'!

Funnily enough, I lost interest...

Edited by aliceBB

Only marginally more scurrilous than the van I looked at last week (with a view to buying it). We rang to arrange to view it and when we got there, the engine was already running. The seller said the battery had 'gone a bit low' from the van standing for 2 weeks. (Yeah, right). He said we could take it for a drive as long as we didn't stall it (:loopy:) At that point we turned the engine off and (unsurprisingly) it failed to start. The man became extremely bad-tempered and foul mouthed and said we'd have to pay more than the advertised price if we wanted it, as he'd have to 'get it going again'!

Funnily enough, I lost interest...

interesting....pm'd you.