Ever been asked to buy a present that's slightly awkward to buy?

If she already knew what she wanted, then why didnt you simply go back and aske her which type so you could get the right one? Alternativelt ask the shop assistant for advice and maybe buy a nice guft set, keep the receipt and then you can take it back.

It could also send the message you are young and beautiful, lest try and keep it that way.

Might as well go the whole hog and just give her the credit card and then she can be sure to buy the right one.

Might as well go the whole hog and just give her the credit card and then she can be sure to buy the right one.

The trouble was, at the time, it was something she said in passing...It wasn't a definite "I want this"....It was just one of those things she said in conversation....and I don't like specifically asking 'which one'...as I wanted it to be a surprise, along with the other things I got her that year...

Why would I want a socket set?....I get a 'proper man' to do it for me!!!

Oh and why would I want to get rid of the dishwasher, housekeeper, laundry service and cook Missus?

Shall I go and hide now ladies?

You got me on both points there. Theres not much really i can say. :suspect:

Get her the one labelled beauty cream, avoid the anti wrinkle/age defying etc ones with the worrying words on the label.

And also get her something else that you've chosen and thought about as she doesn't really want face cream that was just to make sure you went and got something rather than wait until midnight on Christmas eve and panic buy something from the petrol station ;)

Get her the one labelled beauty cream, avoid the anti wrinkle/age defying etc ones with the worrying words on the label.

And also get her something else that you've chosen and thought about as she doesn't really want face cream that was just to make sure you went and got something rather than wait until midnight on Christmas eve and panic buy something from the petrol station ;)

Actually that's really good advice....But I'm steering clear of stuff like that anyway....It's dangerous....

Do you think she would appreciate a car wash sponge and a gallon of synthetic motor oil?...She could definitely find a use for the sponge surely? :)