Homophobic crime on the rise

At that time in Germany the working class people where being ignored by the mainstream party,s just as is happening in our Country today.

Hitler saw his chance and formed the Nationalist party while at the same time directing hate and false accusations at minorities .

The same is happening now in England with the upsurge in popularity of UKIP along with some even more right wing Neanderthals .

Hitler hated anyone who thought differently from him. Communists, social democrats, homosexuals, gypsies, Jews, Jehovah Witnesses, the disabled and those with mental health issues - the list is endless.

He described all of the above groups as 'the poison that is eating away at out people'.

State sanctioned criminality, contempt for democracy and humanity and nationalistic intolerance was his way - sound familiar ?

Edited by Daven

Back on topic. This isn't about muslims specifically.

No it's clearly about all those nasty right wingers, have you seen all the Nazis stomping around the streets these days :suspect:

The whole thread is suffering from a big dose of Guardianista style hyperbole, I have to admit I have seen incidents of violent crime over the years but never seen anyone attacked just for being gay !

The most homophobic parties are all right-wing. UKIP, BNP and NF all oppose gay marriage.

Ah that's it then, point proven, have you seen any homophobic violence from any members or supporters of those parties ?

Do you know that some gay people are 'right wing' themselves !

I have a fair amount of experience in the homosexual community, having several close friends that are active in the community (helping run both sheffield and Leeds pride and some other things).

In my experience the two most homophobic demographics are African men and Muslims. I would be very confident that should a mass poll be commissioned into feelings towards homosexuals, these two demographics would show stronger negative attitudes than UKIP voters.

I have a fair amount of experience in the homosexual community, having several close friends that are active in the community (helping run both sheffield and Leeds pride and some other things).

In my experience the two most homophobic demographics are African men and Muslims. I would be very confident that should a mass poll be commissioned into feelings towards homosexuals, these two demographics would show stronger negative attitudes than UKIP voters.

I think if you look much closer they will be right wing UKIP supporters in disguise.

This sort of crime is occurring more because of growing intolerance in society. It is no use pointing at any one group in particular as responsible for this, the simple fact is that we have a disjointed and ill-functioning society and we need to collectively take steps to fix that. One first step would be to stop trying to blame party X or Religion Z.