Homophobic crime on the rise

I don't think any church, synagogue or mosque should be forced to perform a marriage ceremony.

I'm not religious but I do think that all faiths should not make homophobic pronouncements, and if one of their congregation behaves in a homophobic manner they should condemn it.

We in the eyes of Le Marquis you are a homophobic then...

Do you think that Mosques should be forced to conduct Gay marriages and if so do you think they would accept this?

Yes and No.

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 16:53 ----------

......I do think that all faiths should not make homophobic pronouncements, and if one of their congregation behaves in a homophobic manner they should condemn it.

We in the eyes of Le Marquis you are a homophobic then...

Possibly not.

Well, that provoked a lot of the expected reactions.

And if there is no were to run the next step is likley to start stepping on them.

What is unhinging society, could it be increased diversity and density?

Wouldn't people be less unhinged if they was surrounded by like minded people?

Yes, increase of LGBT crime it is to do with the influx of people with different views, no it is nothing to do with density, no it is nothing to do with increased diversity. It is to do with the increased ability of people to express themselves and find like-minded people on a far larger scale than ever before.

Being unhinged as a society it is far easier for non-conformists to dominate the agenda, as demonstrated here.

Would you say that someone who is afraid of spiders would have a greater reaction if they walked into a room of 500 spiders than they would into a room of 1?

You are forgetting the "irrational" part. I have an aunt who will literally run away screaming when she sees a bat, getting panic attacks and generally becoming completely unmanageable. She doesn't care whether it is 1 or 500 although I am sure 500 bats would probably feature in her irrational nightmares about these lovely creatures.

Society is becoming unhinged because we have lots of unhinged cultures coming in. You lot won't be satisfied until the UK is also a basket case.

That is the truth. Some people want to destroy the country.

Who is "You lot" - you are providing a perfect demonstration of how society is getting unhinged. I have as much right to be a part of this society as you do.

Adding some daft statements like "That is the truth. Some people want to destroy the country." just adds to that effect.

And yet it's only in the past year that gay marriage has been legalised and is still opposed by most Christians. Your tiny minority is a lot bigger than tiny.

Opposing gay marriage can in no way be described has an homophobic crime, and I doubt very much that the Christians in opposition to it are actively committing crime against them.

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 18:49 ----------

Well, that provoked a lot of the expected reactions.

Yes, increase of LGBT crime it is to do with the influx of people with different views, no it is nothing to do with density, no it is nothing to do with increased diversity. It is to do with the increased ability of people to express themselves and find like-minded people on a far larger scale than ever before.

Being unhinged as a society it is far easier for non-conformists to dominate the agenda, as demonstrated here.

Diversity means by definition that you will have more people with different views and the more densely these people are packed into a given area the more problems you will create. People living in very close proximity to each other are more likley to annoy each other and the more annoyed you are the more likley you are to lash out at the person annoying you.

Opposing gay marriage can in no way be described has an homophobic crime, and I doubt very much that the Christians in opposition to it are actively committing crime against them.

Diversity means by definition that you will have more people with different views and the more densely these people are packed into a given area the more problems you will create. People living in very close proximity to each other are more likley to annoy each other and the more annoyed you are the more likley you are to lash out at the person annoying you.

And yet there is research to suggest that in respect of ethnic minorities, people who live amongst a diverse community become less, not more prejudiced.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/white-people-become-less-racist-just-by-moving-to-more-diverse-areas-study-finds-9166506.html

No you are not, if you grow up with lots of different people from different backgrounds you grow up far more tolerant of other people's views. It is ignorance that leads to hatred, not understanding of what other cultures are like.

And yet there is research to suggest that in respect of ethnic minorities, people who live amongst a diverse community become less, not more prejudiced.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/white-people-become-less-racist-just-by-moving-to-more-diverse-areas-study-finds-9166506.html

Exactly, guess where UKIP is winning: Clacton on Sea, oddly enough a predominantly white town with few jobs and lots of OAPs, exactly the sort of people who will be ignorant and thus intolerant.

Whats the time lag between any increase in racial violence as more races live in close proximity to each other and them learning to live in harmony with each other. If there is no time lag there would be no racism, London should by now have the lowest amount of racist violence in the UK and it doesn't.

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 19:46 ----------

No you are not, if you grow up with lots of different people from different backgrounds you grow up far more tolerant of other people's views. It is ignorance that leads to hatred, not understanding of what other cultures are like.

I haven't deputed that, but if you take people from 100 different races and suddenly bring them together in one congested area I think you you see a massive increase in racial violence compared to when they lived in their separate communities. Edited by martok

Whats the time lag between any increase in racial violence as more races live in close proximity to each other and them learning to live in harmony with each other. If there is no time lag there would be no racism, London should by now have the lowest amount of racist violence in the UK and it doesn't.

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 19:46 ----------

I haven't deputed that, but if you take people from 100 different races and suddenly bring them together in one congested area I think you you see a massive increase in racial violence compared to when they lived in their separate communities.

Hang on a minute! You stated in a sweeping assertion that

"People living in very close proximity to each other are more likley to annoy each other and the more annoyed you are the more likley you are to lash out at the person annoying you."

And then when I quoted a report on specific research, contradicting your sweeping assertion, you then get all nit picking about 'time lags'! I'm not sure what you mean by time lags; if it has any relevance then the researchers would have controlled for it. In any event you should do your own research before coming to conclusions.

Hang on a minute! You stated in a sweeping assertion that

"People living in very close proximity to each other are more likley to annoy each other and the more annoyed you are the more likley you are to lash out at the person annoying you."

And then when I quoted a report on specific research, contradicting your sweeping assertion, you then get all nit picking about 'time lags'! I'm not sure what you mean by time lags; if it has any relevance then the researchers would have controlled for it. In any event you should do your own research before coming to conclusions.

I think you need to look at the full conversation and not just a snippet of it.

Time lag: a period of time between one event and another.

The first event is putting the mix of different cultures and races together, the second event is them living in harmony with each other. What happens whilst they are learning to live with each other, does it just happen over night, or does it take a couple of generations, why is there still racially motivated violence in London which is one of the most racially diverse societies on earth?

Edited by martok

Exactly, guess where UKIP is winning: Clacton on Sea, oddly enough a predominantly white town with few jobs and lots of OAPs, exactly the sort of people who will be ignorant and thus intolerant.

I think there is big dollop of your own ignorance in there tzijlstra, UKIP has won in other places than Clacton on Sea and is making the other main parties in the country a bit nervous at the moment, have you not heard ?

Ignorance and not understanding other cultures seems to be an issue with people of all ages, backgrounds, creeds, colours, religions and genders !