Youths outside The Rude Shipyard on Abbeydale Road, anyone had trouble

Why would you be scared of someone prepared to stand up to bullying and intimdation in the face of greater numbers?

These kids are cowards, like all bullies. It's the right of everyone to confront bullies, man woman or child.

It was more the "I love it.." bit that struck me as slightly psychopathic..

No comment on racist Asian kids actually threatening a white person but appalled that a keyboard warrior would relish sorting them out?

Yep I must be reading Sheffield Forum!

I don't see anyone defending the racist Asian kids on this thread, do you?

Just seen this on their Facebook page. Think LPT means Local Policing Team? And that the Madina Mosque is the Wolsley Road one?

Sheffield South West LPT

Your Sheffield South West LPT will be holding a Police Community Meeting at the Madina Mosque on Wednesday 7th October 2015 at 7pm.

The meeting will be chaired by Inspector Ian Stubbs who is responsible for the staffing of Police resources in the Abbeydale and Sharrow Areas.

This meeting is to discuss Anti-Social Behaviour issues in the area, to find out what the Police are doing and to discuss the pending Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) Application.

All persons welcome to attend

Thank you for posting this.

I don't see anyone defending the racist Asian kids on this thread, do you?

That's not what I said. Certain people don't post about the actual incident but get their chain yanked by idle Internet threats.

Obviously I don't wish violence on the kids/youths, but some of the stuff they get upto is far worse than starlc's ill chosen comments. Some people have no perspective.

Incidentally I don't blame the kids. I blame their parents and the police.

Edited by Jonny5

my boyfriend has just been stopped by a gang of youths (about 6 of them, all looking to be aged around 15/16) outside tesco abbeydale road. on of them knocked his headphones off his head, so he just laughed and carried on walking. they didn't like that and came after him, shouting "don't effing laugh". one of them tried to stop him walking away by blocking him with his bike but my boyfriend calmly just walked away, didn't even look back and they just left him alone after that luckily. don't the parents of these kids even care what they are up to? :mad:

It was more the "I love it.." bit that struck me as slightly psychopathic..

Ah i see this is about me, yep i will stand even if im out numberd, yep i get a kick out of it, yep i dont ever get bullied, picked on and never will because i will not take it !

Is that wrong ?

Ah i see this is about me, yep i will stand even if im out numberd, yep i get a kick out of it, yep i dont ever get bullied, picked on and never will because i will not take it !

Is that wrong ?

No, but that is speaking as an ex-bouncer. Although there is a limit to your aggression's usefulness as I am sure you are aware. I used to love the job (only did it for a year though), it isn't the sense that you know you can beat whatever comes your way (I knew I couldn't, we had our man-mountain for that) but the sense that you know you will at least stand your ground.

Mind you, it is hard for some people to understand and I understand why others have misgivings about it. Although it is years ago I worked the door I still have traces of that "not backing down" and it seems to help as the last time I was in a fight was indeed when I worked as a bouncer.