Youths outside The Rude Shipyard on Abbeydale Road, anyone had trouble

The Council's solution is to employ two Activity Sheffield coaches at Broadfield Park two evenings a week to provide positive activities for these youths.

Last time I drove past the two coaches were stoic by themselves with no one attending the session. Probably because they are throwing stones at passing traffic.

Easy gig that for someone - get paid to run a session nobody attends.

Obviously Activity Sheffield must be then offering the wrong type of activities. Perhaps they should offer hurling, pyrotechnics and geology instead.

I guarantee that the Police know who the kids are and where they live.

For whatever reason they can't do anything about it, and that, irrespective of the kids background, is down to incompetence.

Throwing stones/bottles at any traffic is extremely dangerous and it shouldn't be tolerated.

At times the police have put an order in place (is it called a Section 5?) and that `bans` groups congregating after a certain time of day and it allocates a decent number of Police to enforce it. Quite a few of the lads are young too. It`s only a matter of time until one gets knocked over.

Nowt will get done, and if anyone does be it the police or public, they will play that useful card they have up their sleeve

I know of quite a few people who have had issues round there, including a young lass who was mugged and someone put in hospital in a bad way (about 6 on 1 so really big men they are obviously)

funnily enough all the victims were white, funny that!

can't understand why my post was removed by the admin?

All i said was i've experienced the same thing in Parsons Cross with the local feral out of control youth, and despite assurances, the police seem to have done nothing.

Therefore, i can conclude, the issue here isn't anything more than a severely over-stretched, under resourced police force? (i also may have hinted the police really cant be bothered either to deal with anti-social behaviour in general!)

Therefore, the issues like this one, aren't confined to areas with BME populations, i can assure you.

And i love the idea of writing to the parents! Why don't the police do that for the gangs of youths who throw stones at cars at Parsons Cross or try and intimidate you (successfully i may add) as you walk past them?

can't understand why my post was removed by the admin?

All i said was i've experienced the same thing in Parsons Cross with the local feral out of control youth, and despite assurances, the police seem to have done nothing.

Therefore, i can conclude, the issue here isn't anything more than a severely over-stretched, under resourced police force? (i also may have hinted the police really cant be bothered either to deal with anti-social behaviour in general!)

Therefore, the issues like this one, aren't confined to areas with BME populations, i can assure you.

And i love the idea of writing to the parents! Why don't the police do that for the gangs of youths who throw stones at cars at Parsons Cross or try and intimidate you (successfully i may add) as you walk past them?

My post challenging a racist was removed too. I would have prefered it stayed we need to have this debate out in the open.