Youths outside The Rude Shipyard on Abbeydale Road, anyone had trouble

Did you get a crime reference number?

Yeah they took my details and i got a number!

It didnt bother me at the time but as i was walking around Tesco and i just got a bit angry. Im a pretty big bloke so wasnt really intimidated.

But Abbeydale is starting to thrive with some really good boutique business's id hate it to be ruined by some little twits. So i thought id report it and maybe some good can come of it at some point.

And i knew that id read a few stories on here so thought id mention it.

I know it's not Abbeydale road but I had 3 Asian youths tell me not to walk up Broadfield road again because it was their territory.

Yeah the threats i received were definitely along those lines.

I just hope its not a targeted campaign of intimidation.

Edited by AmourDesign

Just seen this on their Facebook page. Think LPT means Local Policing Team? And that the Madina Mosque is the Wolsley Road one?

Sheffield South West LPT

Your Sheffield South West LPT will be holding a Police Community Meeting at the Madina Mosque on Wednesday 7th October 2015 at 7pm.

The meeting will be chaired by Inspector Ian Stubbs who is responsible for the staffing of Police resources in the Abbeydale and Sharrow Areas.

This meeting is to discuss Anti-Social Behaviour issues in the area, to find out what the Police are doing and to discuss the pending Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) Application.

All persons welcome to attend

With Abbeydale & Sharrow fast becoming a hive for independent retailers and hipsters.

The Asian community might be becoming concerned that the interest in that area will start driving up property prices in the retail sector and accommodation sector.

If you drive down Abbeydale road you can see that there's a bit of a battle between asian businesses like groceries, take-aways, clothing etc, which are being replaced by antiques shops, coffee shops, bakeries, etc

I remember when Abbeydale & Sharrow weren't very inviting and the property prices 5 years ago must have been at an all time low. You can spend an entire Sunday down there now. Its lovely.

My point is that the attitude that i experienced the other day may not just be a few mouthy youths but the general feeling of the Asian community in that area. The fear of being driven out of the market by students, hipsters & young professionals.

I really hope you aren't employed as a doorman. You scare me.

Why would you be scared of someone prepared to stand up to bullying and intimdation in the face of greater numbers?

These kids are cowards, like all bullies. It's the right of everyone to confront bullies, man woman or child.